Single Quiz issues

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Single Quiz issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    No One
    Spectator
      Students faces a lot of issues in a long duration quizzes and forced to submit quiz without answering the rest questions. We are waiting for saving answers option coming in wplms 2.1,   Our case : Single quiz of 200 questions and quiz duration of 4 hours   Issues : 1- After a while : Quiz hangs and become slow in selecting and answering questions. 2- Quiz timed out before time ends (Attached) 3- After a while : Students may faces a problem of Login Timeout and losing all answered questions after login and Continue Quiz   Quick-fix needed We need urgently any way to display correct answers and justifications in (quiz results) for (unanswered/unsaved) questions.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay i would need url of your quiz and admin credentials to check this issue at your end . PS  :  mark reply as private while sharing the credentials . an about the quiz timed out please note that the timer that is being displayed is for display purpose only and is handled by javascript . This display can be altered by user by using the inpect element feature of the browser but the actual timed out is handled by the server php .So the timer display(as user can manipulate it) maybe wrong but timed out time cannot be wrong . Also about the continue quiz issue please note that the all the answers of the quiz are saved in local storage of the irrespective of the user logins or logs out how many times during the quiz .
    No One
    Spectator
    I had to wait for Two days for this answer !!!! Mr. Alex, I know all of this, Please read my post carefully. I just outlined the main issues and the needed temporary solution, Please do your tests about these Three points at your end and give me your feed back about all points (Not just the point NO.2!) The issues with more explanation : 1- After a while : Quiz hangs and become slow in selecting and answering questions. # In such big quizzes : Four hours and 200 questions : The quiz became slow and a lot of hanging overtime. 2- Quiz timed out before time ends : # ANSWERED without suggestions or plan to avoid this in the future. 3- After a while : Students may faces a problem of Login Timeout and losing all answered questions after login and Continue Quiz. # The session timed out because the long duration of the quiz (All answers saved on local which means a user do nothing and the login session ends), We had to use a plugin to handle session timeout duration but we don't know it's effect yet.   Again We need urgently any way to display correct answers and justifications in (quiz results) for (unanswered/unsaved) questions # When student answers 2 out of 20 question, The check results displays the correct answer and justifications only for the answered 2 questions, We need to display all answeres and justifications for all 20 questions.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    <strong style="font-size: 16px;">Please note that Sundays is our weekly off !!!!, sorry to say but we're humans. We've users with over 500 question quizzes and they're not facing the above issues. I created a quiz with 80 questions and was not able to replicate these issues, which indicates it is a site specific issue. a. Check with your web host. It is possible that this is a server specific issue. Explaination : Whenever you click any question we send the question ID, so it is a 1-1 call and there is no searching or processing required by the server. Hence, loading first question puts the exact same load as on the 200th question. So your findings are probably based on your server's fault and has absolutely no connection with the theme as of now. b. Please share specific steps to replicate this issue. Your description is incomplete to put any specific comment, I stated how the code works. c. Student Logout issue : This absolutely confirms that this is a site specific issue. WPLMS uses WordPress user management which is stateless login process, no session dependency, no cookie dependency, which again points that your server may be incapable of handling the load you're trying to put on it. To show correct answers you need to modify the code in theme . Need to edit your wp-content/themes/wplms/members/single/course/results.php file on line 165 . refer : http://prntscr.com/azqug1 refer this tip for the auto evaluate quiz not working : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/auto-evaluate-quiz-not-working/ Please refer to our documentation and related knowledge base topics to avoid any confusions .  
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Single Quiz issues’ is closed to new replies.