Site at times incredibly slow

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Site at times incredibly slow

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bang
    Blocked
    Hello, I have seen the same issue being answered on here a few times but I have done all that is suggested and at times it can take anywhere from 3 seconds to 23 seconds for a page to change and fully load. I have W3 Total Cache installed and have followed the video in its set up. Admittedly it did make it faster than it was. I have also got Query Monitor in place but must admit I don't really know what I am looking at. Most of the plugins that would be draining to the site I am actually not using so I really am not sure what could be making the site run so slowly. It could of course be the server BUT I have other sites on it running wordpress and they are all fine. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. The site is pretty empty at the moment as it is in the early stages of being built so that fact it is running so slowly worries us. Happy to grant entry if needed. I see there are a few wplms users there already after setup. Many thanks.
    bang
    Blocked
    This reply has been marked as private.
    onmarketing
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster

Well if there is envato market plguin in your iste ,please deactivate it immediately .
    Apart from it ,please also try disabling these plugins :
    Simple SSL Tracking Code Manager and Yoast SEO .

ALso use query monitor plugin to check which plugin is eating much of you server resources .
    https://kinsta.com/blog/query-monitor/

onmarketing
    Participant
    bang
    Blocked
    Hello, Thank you for the response. I have already disabled the Envato Plugin before starting this whole ticket as I saw it had been creating issues with other people. I do not have Simple SSL Tracking Code Manager installed nor do I have Yoast currently. Looking in the Query plugin buddypress seems to take the most amount of time ... as this theme seems to run on buddypress I am asking if there is any further advice that can be given? Many thanks.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Using caching techniques like memcached, opcache on server side might improve some speed . Also try switching to php version 7.0 (not 7.1 ,its unstable and is not compatible with theme ) . Also follow this caching tip : https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/wplms-with-w3-total-cache/ Deactivate plugins that you dont feel necessary Please also try disabling touch points  if you have enabled them from wp-admin -> lms -> setitngs -> touch points .
    bang
    Blocked
    Hello, Touchpoints are all disabled already. As mentioned above, I have already installed W3 Total Cache and followed the video you provided. I have disabled all plugins not currently necessary but this concerns me for when we may want to use the more advanced functions. I have switched to PHP version 7 and will test the speed. I have also submitted a support ticket to my host to see what is possible there. As mentioned though ... all other sites seem fine which would lead me to think that the issue lies somewhere with the theme. I wonder if you would be able to ascertain the issue quicker by taking a look? I am happy for you to pop onto the build if you have the time. Many thanks.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay please share your server php error log to debug this(upload it somewhere online and share its link here (would need to see last 50 errors)) along with site url and admin credentials . PS : mark reply as private while sharing .
    bang
    Blocked
    Hello, I have implemented the changes suggested and it made quite a significant difference. Although I wanted you to have a look at this early stage with no content in the site it may be a bit over the top but I thank you for the offer.  I may well be asking later down the line when I have content and potentially turn on the plugins listed below. In case it is helpful to others I have the site currently running as such: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The following plugins are not being used: Badge OS Badge OS Community Add On BBB WPLMS Big Blue Button Buddydrive Co Authors Plus LayerSlider Paid Memberships Pro Woocommerce WPLMS BadgeOS ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ A move to PHP7 made a decent difference in page load time. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My host suggested the following: To .htaccess file ... <ifmodule mod_deflate.c> AddOutputFilter DEFLATE text/html text/css text/plain application/xml application/javascript application/json application/rss+xm application/atom+xml text/javascript </ifmodule> AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript To wp-config.php file define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M'); ... somewhere near the bottom. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ php.ini file looks like this: memory_limit = 512M max_execution_time = 500 post_max_size = 32M upload_max_filesize = 32M ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I followed the instructions here: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/wplms-with-w3-total-cache/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I am currently getting: GT Metrix - Page Speed (A - 95%) / YSlow (B 85%) Google Page Speed - Mobil (78 / 100) / Desktop (88/100)
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    thanks @bang.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Site at times incredibly slow’ is closed to new replies.