Some widgets don’t work

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Some widgets don’t work

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well actually the widgets are being rendered via api calls .We make hit to our api call to fetch the html of it and run scripts in this html data. Now the issue with api calls is that they do not recognize wordpress session . So you wont get wp_current_user or get_current_user_id() anything from wordpress.We are using JWT token to get the user from the token and then return the data of this user id . This is why your widget or any widget depending on wp_current_user or get_current_user_id() wont work
    mirador360
    Spectator
    I understand, but I didn't change the default functioning of it, I just increased the functionality of the Custom Learning Paths points to be given also in mycred so I didn't change anything that already exists there, I just added this. That's why I believe my change doesn't make sense to prevent the widget from working you know?
    mirador360
    Spectator
    In your at side the widget are working?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well for mycred points you can use this addon : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND7VVM3CqYs this addon adds a tab in profile for points history and shows balance . A normal wp widget based on wordpress user session wont work inside the new dashbaord .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well for mycred points you can use this addon : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND7VVM3CqYs this addon adds a tab in profile for points history and shows balance . A normal wp widget based on wordpress user session wont work inside the new dashbaord .
    mirador360
    Spectator
    Hi, thanks for the reply, but this addon doesn't solve my problem when i want to show the balance in the dashboard along with the other widgets. You didn't answer me when I asked about the Learning Paths widget if it works on your side or not?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    yes learning path widget will work fine . About the other mycred widgets , im sorry those widgets will not work with the new vibebp dashboard .
    mirador360
    Spectator
    Thanks, can close the topic.
    Veronica
    thanks for your confirmation
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Some widgets don’t work’ is closed to new replies.