Special needs Setup WPLMS.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Special needs Setup WPLMS.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    plp-pily
    Spectator
    Dear WPLMS Support, I'm seeking help with the initial setup of WPLMS as I can just pick demos that don't serve the need of our school. They are too functionality overload for our needs. What I try to accomplish is fairly simpler then the given vast functionality of the demo imports: A school management - without payment facility for now. - with manual setup for students and instructors (Members management/CRM) - With the setup of some courses to be offered Functionality: - Import of preexisting h5p files) - Video meeting - Calendar sharing
    Question
    : Is there a way (or plan) to implement gotomeeting, a European Video platform? I know that how to solve the 'functionality points above but the demo imports are simply too much. As I want to start simple as I like to understand the WPLMS system I'd need help that points me to a less overload 'demo'. Or best I would start without a demo and install the features step by step to also keep the site somewhat speedy.- Would anybody be able to give me a hint in the right direction please? Kind regards Stefan
    Veronica
    hi first, the demos are necessary for a site setup because it is all related to view. you can choose any demo from our theme and use it if you want to use theme with another theme then it is also possible and for meeting we have BBB and zoom configuration right
    plp-pily
    Spectator
    Thanks Veronica. Could I use it with the 'Enfold' theme? I would like to know how please, txs Stefan
    Veronica
    hi please refer to this tip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3wbIs7Mzo
    plp-pily
    Spectator
    Thanks Veronica, I followed the instructions and got some steps further. The system however states:
    VibebBp Elementor Extension" requires "Elementor" to be installed and activated.
    Would it be possible to make the system work to avoid elementor or is it essential? All we need for now is the following: - Class management - Course management with h5p based courses - Student and instructor management (given) - Video meetings No Woocommerce as the page will serve as a simple school-managemen for a small language school mainly with 1on1 video classes. can you help guiding me in the right direction please? best Stefan
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi it seems like elementor plugin is not installed on your setup. Please check if elementor plugin is installed , even if you are using elementor pro you will need elementor plugin . also secondly please check your server php version must be between : 7.1 - 7.4 .
    plp-pily
    Spectator
    Thanks... It's all given....: The question was: Would it be possible to make the system work to avoid elementor or is it essential? Your Answer: ...it seems like elementor plugin is not installed on your setup. So, no it wouldn't work without Elementor.OK... understood. On the initial setup video its said one can also use Gutenberg (or other software...?) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3wbIs7Mzo I assume I can use any design builder as long as I have installed Elementor. Is that correct? Thank you... Stefan
    plp-pily
    Spectator
    Can I use any design builder as long as I have Elementor installed?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    well we have not checked the gutenblocks but we heavily integrated this with elemenor but with gutenberd gaining popularity we created the blocks for the courses and all but have not really tested them . Apart from gutenberg we have integrated with divi page builder but they are still yet to be released .
    plp-pily
    Spectator
    I started all over after nothing worked as it should. The complexity seems to lye in the combination of wplms as a plugin in combination with another Wordpress theme (Enfold theme). I started exactly as told in the Video: Setup WP LMS with any WP Theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3wbIs7Mzo) I simply cannot create a courses mentioned in the Video. There is an empty dashboard. I can let you get into it via FTP and WP Admin if you wish. How would I send you the access details securely? I've been trying this for several weeks now. Could you please let me know what might be wrong? Best Stefan
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes please share your site url and admin credentials along with valid ftp credentials in private reply in order to check what is wrong there at your end .
    plp-pily
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    plp-pily
    Spectator
    Issues Solved It was a css issue: Add the CSS:
    .wplms_edit_course_content .tab_content {
        position: static;
        padding: 0;
        visibility: visible;
    }
    Enfold theme was hiding the Course creation. Ticket solved! TXS
    Veronica
    thanks for your confirmation closing this one this will help other users too thanks again
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Special needs Setup WPLMS.’ is closed to new replies.