Specific Profile Type / Custom Feature

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Parent user Specific Profile Type / Custom Feature

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    Hello I have found the WPLMS platform really useful however there is one feature that is missing that has created a huge problem for me from the very beginning. I work with many different organisations. They buy courses from me for their staff and I then enrol them. They then need to see the progress of their staff and receive the certificates and feedback from them at the end to add to the training records. Currently there seems to be no way to create an account type that allows a person to manage specific students. At the moment if i give them admin rights or instructor rights they can see all of the students using the site from ALL organisations which is not right. They must be able to only manage students that are assigned to them with no ability to edit courses and no back end control. They need to be able to login and see all of the staff from THIER organisation only and be able to see their progress and be able to download their feedback "quiz results" and certificates. The "studants" that are using my training do not buy these courses, they are bought by thier organisation in bulk then i assign them to the students. These organisations use many other only providers that all have this feature / account type. It seems that all of the elements to make this work are already there but they just haven't been put together to make this work. I NEED this feature moving forward however no web developer i know will touch this platform because they didn't build it. I was wondering if i could pay for you to create this feature for me because I really do need it. Currently im spending 90% of my time updating clients on how tier students are doing, downloading certificates , i have to copy and past the quiz evaluation into a word document to send to the client... its so time consuming. Please help me with this because it really is a big hole in my business right now. Thanks
    Diana
    Participant
    We have this setting through which you can restrict the access of backend for instructors Go to wp-admin > WPLMS > Buddypress > https://prnt.sc/10gpewk
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    The problem is then they can see the user data for everyone on the site which is not ok. You have a parent user add on which i have been playing with and this is kind of what i want however can you help me with this add on? Im having the following issues with it. Parent user cannot see quiz results for "child" student Parent user cannot see certificate for "child" student Course progress widget for "child" student is showing no data I would like it to say "learner" rather than "child" If you can help rectify those problems this add on will be what i need for now
    Diana
    Participant
    Okay, I can do that for you. Do share the admin credentials, parent account details, child account details in a private reply here
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    Hi Diana are you able to do this for me?
    Diana
    Participant
    Checking right now
    Diana
    Participant
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    Thankyou Diana Its not the language im wanting to change it is still the same language i just want the words to be different. I am using the parent user plugin for my clients who have their own students (who are adult professionals not children) so i want them to see the word "learner" instead of "child" and for it to say "add learner", not "add child". I hope that makes sense
    Diana
    Participant
    Yes sir, I got your point and that's why I suggested to translate You can use Loco Translate to change the text as well, instead of what it shows. Go to Loco Translate and instead of "Add Child" ---> Translate it to "Add Learner" I hope I am clear here
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    I am sorry I Diana I misunderstood. Ok I have no done that, i found this plugin very useful!. To help you work through the other problems i have made the following translations: Parent - Administrator / Course Administrator Child - Learner Ward - Learner Group Issue 4 is now fixed. issues Remaining: Issue 1: Parent user cannot see quiz results for “child” student Issue 2: Parent user cannot see certificate for “child” student Issue 3: Course progress widget for “child” student is showing no data Issue 4: RESOLVED Thanks
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    Hi Diana. The help seems to have abruptly stopped again. I need that parent / child feature fixed ASAP as i need to use it for my clients. None of the widgets are working for that add on (no course progress etc) and the parent user cant see the certificates and quiz answers that the learner has submitted / gained. Please help fix this
    ScottKing2020
    Participant
    Hi, It seems you stop replying when multiple queries are made on one topic (even when its linked to the same problem). I have started a new topic as you haven't replied to this one in a week now. please close this one
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Specific Profile Type / Custom Feature’ is closed to new replies.