Splash Screen for PWA does not appear

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Splash Screen for PWA does not appear

Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sktulsyan
    Spectator
    Splash Screen for PWA app is not loading. It shows only app icon. How to load splash screen? image uploaded in App Splash screen under service worker tab does not appear in splash screen of the app.
    sktulsyan
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    This reply has been marked as private.
    sktulsyan
    Spectator
    problem is - image set as splash screen for android app is not working.
    sktulsyan
    Spectator
    please fix the issue
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please set that image here in customize: https://prnt.sc/lxI5Qj8yagH4
    Veronica
    hi the splash screen shows only on slow devices: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/manifest.json refer this tip so you can get an idea
    sktulsyan
    Spectator
    I'm talking about app splash screen and option to set is given in vibebp under service worker tab which is not working. Requesting you to fix this bug and do not divert the issue.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is not under our control .The splashscreen setting is controlled by manifest.json and the screen is shown by device internal OS while loading the app . Splash screen is shown when app is initializing when user opens it . In our case its pwa app and its stored offline takes not time to initialize and hence that image does not show up . You need to set the image we told you in customizer .
    sktulsyan
    Spectator
    First, if it is not under your control then why option is given? You must remove that setting if it is useless. Second, if this is to be set in customizer, please share a video for how to do that? I'm not understanding how to do that. And in last, for your kind information, splash screen do appear in pwa too. We can change that image by uploading image to hosting control panel. But, option is given in your plugin to set splash screen for pwa-android app, it must work. But, instead of fixing bug in your plugin, you're trying to make me fool by saying first that I set wrong image, then said that splash screen show only on slow devices then told that "screen is shown by device internal OS" and now saying that I need to set the image in customizer. So, please first decide yourself what to do in right way then let me know. Thanks.
    sktulsyan
    Spectator
    please fix the issue.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    First, if it is not under your control then why option is given? You must remove that setting if it is useless.

this is provided to improve the score of manifest.json file on pwa since some users reported the pwa score is low .It does not affect anything . We can remove it anytime if we want to. IT IS NOT A BUG ITS A STANDARD CREATED BY PWA project OWNERS . and we cannot fix it . AS yo can read in this article summary , its the same as we told you : https://love2dev.com/pwa/splash-screen/
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Splash Screen for PWA does not appear’ is closed to new replies.