"Start Course" button before course curriculum in mobile

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting "Start Course" button before course curriculum in mobile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    roath
    Spectator
    Hello, In a Course page opened in a mobile device, how can I set the "Start Course" button before the course curriculum? As it is now the user has to scroll down through the course curriculum in order to start the course. Thank you very much. Best regards, Rodrigo
    Diana
    Participant
    @roath, Yes, I can show the course button just after course curriculum. But it will show duplicate buttons on the course page(one which is already there and one will be displayed when you paste the code). Let me know if it is fine then I will share the code with you
    roath
    Spectator
    Hello, Please could you share this code? At the present moment, some of my courses have a lot of user reviews and the "Start Course" button appears after that (on mobile devices)! Some users complains they "didn't find" the button in order to start the course! I think the button position should be moved to the top or at least wplms could provide an configuration option on the main settings (suggestion for a future release)! Thank you. Best regards, Rodrigo
    logan

Hey,

There are two solutions to this:

Using Code: 

Yes, I can share the code with you. After that, you can show the button wherever you want in mobile view because I will trigger the code at a particular action(point). either I can show a button which will be a duplicate of the original button and the original button will not be removed. So you'll see two buttons. both the buttons will appear in the frontend and is visible to users as well. 

This will show the course button above the course description.

add_action('wplms_before_course_description', 'show_the_course_button');

function show_the_course_button(){

echo the_course_button();

}

If you want to show the button below the course description then use this code

add_action('wplms_after_course_description', 'show_the_course_button');

function show_the_course_button(){

echo the_course_button();

}

Paste the code in wp-admin > Plugins > Editor > Select WPLMS Customizer Plugin > wplms-customizer.php

Another Alternative:

Refer: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/tabs-style-in-course-menu-with-custom-sections/

So users need not scroll for any content in mobile view because it gives a tab style layout

*we can try hiding another button in desktop mode by using custom css.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘"Start Course" button before course curriculum in mobile’ is closed to new replies.