Start course = contact admin

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Start course = contact admin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Halvard
    Participant
    When my users click "start course" in my courses they get an error message saying "contact administrator". I have checked that the settings is right according to this: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/start-course-not-working/ Here is a picture of the error message: http://prnt.sc/dbjrla  
    Halvard
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Halvard
    Participant
    Sorry, maybe I was a bit unclear. I just wanted you to use a coupon to get a course for free. Not buy a free course with a coupon. Can you please buy a course with a new user (do not use the admin email above). The user you used is an admin, and the problem does not appear for admins. (why would an admin need to contact an admin?)
    Halvard
    Participant
    Halvard
    Participant
    Hi Skywalker! Thank you for your fix! It absolutely made a big difference. It eliminated the problem with the "contact admin" error message. I also redirected buying customers to go directly to course page, instead of my courses. So this is not an issue any more, thank you for that! :) But the logging out problem still appear for a few people. I just got an email from a new user saying he registered a new user and was logget out on the course page and was unable to start a free course. When he logged in again and went back to the course page, he was logged out again. A never ending loop. Last week i was on skype with another user having the same problem with the same course ("Det lille kommakurset"). The solution every time is to ask them to hit refresh. Could it be a problem with only a new pages/courses? Also, the fix removed the price from the "all courses" page. Is it possible to only remove the button from my courses and still have the price in all courses? Picture: http://prnt.sc/ddzyyx Thank you!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well it seems like this issue is appearing due to caching . If you are using any caching pluign then please clear the cache in your site and also disable the page and browser cache for some time . Also please make sure that you have disabled caching for logged in users in you caching plugin settings . I tried to login and check the issue by myself but wasnt able to .Can you please share a valid admin credentials to check this ? Also please remove this css from your site from appearance ->. customize : .course .item-credits {display:none !important;}    
    Halvard
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok I checked this and again I found this to be related with caching .That course page is showing me login option even when I am logged in as Admin . check video in private reply . Please try deactivating the caching on your whole site and check again .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Halvard
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for confirming that the issue is resolved. There is no specific rules for .htaccess file, you can leave it like this. The .htaccess file is generated by wordpress whenever you re-save the permalinks, so save the permalinks and the file generated after this is what you need.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Start course = contact admin’ is closed to new replies.