Sticky Menu no longer sticky although WPLMS/Header is Fixed on Scroll

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Sticky Menu no longer sticky although WPLMS/Header is Fixed on Scroll

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    frsorin
    Spectator
    Salve, After latest updates and WP update to 4.7.1 main menu (not top menu) is no longer sticky although WPLMS/Header is Fixed on Scroll. Tried changing from Static to Fixed and back a few times with 1 day in between, nothing. What is to be done? Thank you!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well I just checked and found that you are using default header in which only top menu remains fixed on scroll not the main menu . you can choose other header options in your .refer documentation for more : http://vibethemes.com/envato/wplms/documentation/theme-guide.html#customiser-header
    frsorin
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Try using any other header than the standard header. http://vibethemes.com/envato/wplms/documentation/theme-guide.html#customiser-header Refer to this link.
    frsorin
    Spectator
    Best is Sleek. Various issues with all the others, tried the all. With Sleek menu is consistent. But now, logo does not fit on the menu line therefore the header is twice as higher. Too big the logo? How to make it to fit on the menu line, as it was before? Thank you!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay I checked your site just now . Please note here that the header has a definite width and there is no limit on how many menu items you can add  .Each menu item occupies its own width ,So you need to remove  or shift some menu items in submenu of another menu items to make the menu fit in the header .
    frsorin
    Spectator
    Ok! Thank you! I will try the solution you suggested! :)
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    OK.
    frsorin
    Spectator
    I moved a menu entry under another and nothing, the same issue. Logo is not aligned. Which made me to realize that in the 1st place the length of the menu was not the problem as it worked fine before, the menu and the logo where fitting perfect on the same line before upgrade. In fact, why to limit the number of menu entries? The menu goes on the right as long as the screen is and if the screen is smaller then the menu shrinks normally until cannot shrink anymore and it becomes the well-known three-horizontal-lines-menu (which is ok to shrink). So, two topics: (1) if there is a limit on the menu entries, you should know it, it has to be a certain number of characters, very clear. If there is one, what it is? How long can the be menu on the right until does not fit anymore and it start "pushing" the logo? Logic it is that if too long, it moves on a second row. (2) this issue I am asking you about with the menu was not generated by the fact I extended the menu entries. It appeared after the upgrade so it fitted, no need to overlap menu items. It is clear for me that the issue is due to the upgrade. Sorry to come back with this topic but the solution not worked...
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well as far as I know  there is no change in the code regrading the width of the menu item in recent update of wplms . I just removed one menu item and it fixes your header . It may be possible that you had a different header style before in which  these menu items got fit perfectly . Still if you do not want to change the header and dont want to remove any menu item not more ,then please try adding the given css in your wp-admin -> appearance -> customize -> custom css : .sleek nav>.menu>li>a {     margin: 0 7px;     padding: 30px 4px;     font-size: 12px; }  
    frsorin
    Spectator
    It worked perfect! Wonderful! Thank you! :)
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Sticky Menu no longer sticky although WPLMS/Header is Fixed on Scroll’ is closed to new replies.