Stop annoying unit update prompts

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Stop annoying unit update prompts

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kjc1111
    Spectator
    Every time I click the Update button when I am editing a unit page from the backend admin panel I get a prompt "Are you sure you want to do this?  The comment changes you made will be lost."  This happens even if I have made no changes to the page.  How can I stop this prompt from appearing?
    kjc1111
    Spectator
    Also after the above prompt I often get another prompt "Do you want to leave this site?  Changes you made may not be saved." Note that I am still developing the site on my localhost using XAMPP so I can't provide a public URL.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    These errors appear when there is some ajax call is still pending to be served and user requests to reload,submit or close the window tab . These prompts generally appears when you have embedded some video or any such recourse in content that can take time or does not loads at all . Also we are not able to replicate the issue at our test site .Can you please try deactivating all your third party plugins at once and then check if the issue appears again or not .
    kjc1111
    Spectator
    I am just using the basic WPLMS install with no demo plugin or sample data.  Also I haven't installed any additional 3rd-party plugins. I created a new test unit with no content and the "comment changes will be lost" still appears every time I click Update after publishing, even if no changes are made.  Also I noticed that the "Do you want to leave this site" prompt only appears if I edit the unit content. I tried deactivating all of the non-essential plugins that came bundled with the install but still get the same prompts.  Any other ideas?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    CAn you please list all your activated plugins ? Please also make sure that your wplms theme and all its plugins are updated to latest version . Also try re-installing your wordpress from wp-admin ->dashboard ->  updates .
    kjc1111
    Spectator
    I have updated WordPress and my plugins to the latest versions. Here is my list of active plugins: bbPress (2.5.12) BuddyPress (2.7.3) BuddyPress Social Connect (1.4.1) EventON (2.4.10) LayerSlider WP (6.0.6) List Plugins (1.4.4) Slider Revolution (5.3.0.2) Vibe Course Module (2.4.1.2) Vibe Custom Types (2.4.1.4) Vibe ShortCodes (2.4.1.1) WooCommerce (2.6.9) WPBakery Visual Composer (5.0.1) WPLMS Assignments (2.4.1) WPLMS Course Custom Nav Plugin (1.2) WPLMS Customizer Plugin (1.0) WPLMS Dashboard (2.4.1) WPLMS EventOn (2.4.1) WPLMS Front End (2.4.1)
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please try deactivating these plugins one by one and check if the issue appears : EventON (2.4.10) WPLMS Course Custom Nav Plugin (1.2) wplms eventon Slider Revolution (5.3.0.2) WPBakery Visual Composer (5.0.1) WPLMS Front End (2.4.1)  
    kjc1111
    Spectator
    I deactivated those plugins one by one and the problem still exists
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please check js errors in your site on that page  by following this tip : https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors We need a live test case to debug this as we are not able to replicate the issue at our end and neither any of the other user have reported this . can you please try doing a new setup and check if the issue appears there ?
    kjc1111
    Spectator
    I checked the page and there are no JS errors.  I've posted a question about this on WordPress StackExchange and will let you know if I get any responses there.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay ..But can you please try setting up a new wplms setup and check this again ? Download fresh copy of theme and update all the plugins with latest version of wordpress .
    karnabal
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Already replied on your other topic : https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/the-update-button-doesnt-work-on-units/#post-91089
    kjc1111
    Spectator
    This problem seems to have resolved itself after installing one of the more recent theme updates.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Stop annoying unit update prompts’ is closed to new replies.