Stop auto progression

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Stop auto progression

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bang
    Blocked
    Hello, I have a person testing the site who was unable to do a unit all at once. They went to the unit ... watched half a video (vimeo). Got half way through the video and then quit out for the day. The next time they logged in, they had been automatically progressed to the next unit so they had to press "previous" to go back to the video they had viewed half of. They again, didn't manage to finish that same video (same unit as above) and quit out. On their return they had been progressed again to the next (3rd) unit. So essentially by leaving the course and coming back again twice they had been progressed two times although they hadn't clicked the "next unit" button either time. I was wondering if there was a way to not have it progress until they actually press the "next unit" button as it seems to be doing it automatically at the moment? Also ... I am aware that there is an option in: LMS > Settings > Auto-mark unit complete when user proceeds to next unit I have read though on here that if you untick this and the user doesn't mark as complete themselves that their course progression isn't saved. Any help you can offer would be gratefully received. Many thanks, BG
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this setting : " Auto-mark unit complete when user proceeds to next unit " does not completes the unit when user clicks on next unit button . Actually it marks the unit as soon as user view that unit . This is what happening in your site when user opens the video unit that unit is marked as complete . and then user comes again to course after leaving it system detects that unit as complete and opens next unit for the user . What you have to do is to disable " Auto-mark unit complete when user proceeds to next unit " this setting  . but then user needs to click on mark unit complete button manually . IF you are using video vibe for vimeo videos then it has setting to auto mark complete unit as soon as video finishes. refer : https://wplms.io/downloads/videovibe/
    bang
    Blocked
    Hey Alex, Thanks for the response. Yep thats what I thought was happening. I don't think that the user would click unit complete all the time and it would cause issues later on. With the additional Video Vibe plugin ... if someone was to watch a bit of the video, leave it and come back again. Would the video you to watch it all again ... or from the place that you left it (i see there is a setting that will not allow video skipping) ? Many thanks, BG
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    With video vibe plugin : yes user would need to watch the video again if she leaves it . Yes there is an option which removed the seekbar at all from video .
    bang
    Blocked
    Thanks Alex. Appreciate the info.
    Diana
    Participant
    @bang, Can we close this topic?
    bang
    Blocked
    Yes thankyou.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Stop auto progression’ is closed to new replies.