Student Activity Report for Admin

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Student Activity Report for Admin

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    quirk13
    Participant
    I am looking for a one page report on each student that will give me an overview of all their activity on the site to see how serious they are taking the courses. I would need to see how much time they spent taking courses overall and login times and then drill down to specifics like time spend on each course and section, time between taking course and taking quiz etc. Is this a feature that is available or that I can set up?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, You have not mentioned the details properly here. Please give us a proper structure what details you need and how you would like get it and in what format.  
    quirk13
    Participant
    I'm sorry if I was not clear. I would need a report page for each student that would give me both a summary and detailed information on how much time they spent on courses and sections withing those courses. I would imagine the page to have: How much total time the student spent on all courses total. When they spent that time - by week, by days so I can see if they did consistent work of just quickly in one day. How much time they spent on each course - list of all courses they took and how much time they spent on each one and when. Also broken down to see how much time they spent on each section and the time that was in between studying and taking quiz. Also to show quiz scores but not as important as time spent. Maybe also to show it in a calendar format to quickly understand the data. I would also want these reports emailed ina nice visual format.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, I understand your requirements. But I need a table to explain how you need the information. For example, we developed a custom plugin for a user to show activity report like this: https://prnt.sc/h26len Fo I need to know how you want your report.
    quirk13
    Participant
    Here is an example of the report that I would want: http://prntscr.com/hgdsmt
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Yes we can develop this report for you. But the part where you want to know when the student started the unit and when did they ended it is not possible. For example I am a student on your website and I start a unit on your website at 5:00 pm but after 5 minutes I simply close the tab and start doing some other stuffs. Now at 7:00 pm I again open the same unit and at 7:30 pm I mark the unit as complete. So overall I spent 5 + 30 minutes i.e. 35 minutes, but I started the unit at 5:00 pm and ended it at 7:30 pm. So we'll not be able to determine the exact time frame when the user started the unit and when she ended it. --------------- Other information can be obtained in wplms. Let me know where would you want this information, like a csv file in the lms statistics, or in course stats or you would like me to create a dashboard widget for you which you can add in your dashboard to check any user's stats there.  
    quirk13
    Participant
    Would there be a way to show multiple start and end times for each unit if they did not complete the unit in one shot?
    quirk13
    Participant
    I would like it to be a dashboard widget where I can easily check any user's stats there. Thank you!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, multiple start time and end time will be very complex and will put a lot of load on the server, therefore this is not a recommended way. Please finalize your requirements and I'll let you know the cost of this customization.
    mycustomsoftware
    Participant
    I will need multiple access start and end times on each lesson. This is the dashboard I would need: http://prntscr.com/hj17r5 can you create it?  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Inspired by your requirements, we'll develop a paid add-on for wplms which will calculate time spent by the students on the course and units. And we'll generate the reports as shown in your screenshot. We'll develop this plugin and release it soon within 2-3 weeks.  
    mycustomsoftware
    Participant
    Any update on the paid add-on release?
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Hello, The Plugin to calculate the time spent by students on the course and unit is almost completed, just a graph part is under development and our development team will release this in the end of this month. Thanks
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Student Activity Report for Admin’ is closed to new replies.