Student registration

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Student registration

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Hello, when new student registers I ask the following mandatory data: Email Password Name Surname When I search the new student in "Users" I can find: Username = email Name = name Email = email Surname is missing and this for me it's a problem, because I have to identify each one. Where can I find this data? Email appears in two fields, it's possible to change one of these fields with surname? Thanks
    Ada
    Participant
    HI, You can find these details in extended profile section https://prntscr.com/12ccx28
    When I have to check student progress in statistics there is only name and there are a lot of people with the same name! According to Italian Law I have to demonstrate that a user completed the course. Please add also surname.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please add this custom code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :
    add_action('wplms_course_stats_process','process_custom_course_stat',10,8);
    add_filter('wplms_course_stats_list','add_custom_course_stat');

function add_custom_course_stat($list){
       $new_list = array(
                        'email'=>'Email'
                        //add another element like same above 'user_field3'=>'Gender'
                         );

$list=array_merge($list,$new_list);
        return $list;
    }

function process_custom_course_stat(&$csv_title, &$csv,&$i,&$course_id,&$user_id,&$field,&$ccsv,&$k){
      if($field != 'email') // Ensures the field was checked.
         return;

$title=__('Email','wplms');
    	if(!in_array($title,$csv_title))
    	 $csv_title[$k]=array('title'=>$title,'field'=>'Email');
    		$ifield = 'Email'; 
    		$user = get_user_by('id',$user_id);

$field_val = $user->data->user_email;

if(isset($field_val) &&  $field_val){

$csv[$i][]= $field_val;
          	$ccsv[$i]['Email'] =  $field_val;

}else{

$csv[$i][]= 'NA';
          $ccsv[$i]['Email'] = 'NA';
        }

}
    Thank you, now I can see email in stats, it's possible to add surname?
    Veronica
    hi means with the above code you are able to add email right? and in the same way, you want to add the surname of the user? please confirm
    Yes, it could be very useful for me identify the user with surname.
    Veronica
    hi as you have added this field custom right! so we need to know that what's the meta key is storing for this I have added a nickname field in my profile field section so this is how it is stored in the database http://prntscr.com/12mftaf in site database>>usermeta so can you please let us know the meta key for your this custom field and also you can also change this code accordingly: change "email" to "your custom field meta key" like "surname" and "Email" to "the name you want to show" like "Surname" as the tip is already available https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/add-custom-field-in-download-stats-for-quizassignmentunitsquestion/
    Hi Veronica, I changed email with surname as you suggested. Now in Course Statistics Surname appears, but the field is empty. I have to add something also in user registration? Thanks
    Veronica
    hi may I know the exact code you have added and also make sure you have some data added to the user profile
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    hi can you please provide details so we can check this
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Student registration’ is closed to new replies.