Students can not choose random unit anymore since update to 2.0.2

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Students can not choose random unit anymore since update to 2.0.2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Arjen
    Participant
    In the previous version, students were able to choose within a course which unit they wanted to see and do. After the update it seems they have to go one by one starting from the top. Clicking within a course on a unit, lets say in the middle, it loads and goes back to the first. Only after clicking the mark as complete, they are allowed to do the next. I need students to be able to choose their own order. How can i activate this again.  
    Juippi
    Spectator
    I get this same problem even though I have set: WPLMS > Course Manager > Unit Locking > Free Access
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Have you disabled ajax courses in WP Admin - LMS - Settings section ? IF yes, then it is a bug, please follow this quick fix : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/fix-non-ajax-courses/
    Juippi
    Spectator
    It was ajax
    Arjen
    Participant
    I had ajax disabled. When i enable ajax it seems to work. But i want it without the ajax loading...so i tried the fix. But that does not fix the issue. Only with ajax enabled you can go to another unit. With ajax disabled the issue remains even with the change of code.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the fix has resolved the issues on our test sites and also on user's site . Please share admin credentials and  url of the course  to check the issue  . Ps : mark reply as private while sharing the credentials  .
    Arjen
    Participant
    Ok, thank you: (maybe you can checkout this issue as well: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/can-not-switch-buttons-for-show-page-title-show-breadcrumbs-and-page-builder/#post-25703 Site: di.diebaanisvoormij.eu user: testuserac pass: TU1!@#$AC
    Arjen
    Participant
    And something else strange i noticed: When i register a new user, and i take a look at one of the courses without clicking the button to start course, it already shows this course under my courses...This should only happen when i click on start the course button right? Somehow by looking at the course (curriculum and description it registers it as taken course... on my site courses are called Thema's (themes)  
    Arjen
    Participant
    Did you take a look to the issues? especially the last one mentioned is urgent since it is very confusing for members when they take a look at the curriculum, and right after when going back to all courses overview they see this course under my courses without enter the start course button.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Seems like you have enabled the debug true . Can you please disable the debug mode false . so that i can check your site . and you site is taking forever to load any page . Please make sure that you have added the fix .
    Arjen
    Participant
    i just finished with the debug mode, it should be ok now
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the issue that user was not able to have free access to all units is not appearing as of now in your site . And for the my courses please note that the courses appear in my courses tab as soon as the user purchase for the course is completed . Thereafter it is upto user to start the course or not .
    Arjen
    Participant
    thank you for checking my site: About your first remark. I did not check Ajax disabled in course unit load. If i do, the issue remains. I wanted to turn of ajax, but i can't because then users can not skip the units anymore. I added the suggested fix,but it does not help. How can i turn off ajax loading, but still keep the option that users can skip trough units... About the second answer, then is there any way in a free course, to show users the curriculum without having this course already automatically added to the my courses tab?    
    Arjen
    Participant
    Ps: could you make this screencast you made private?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Fixed the issue there was some error in the fix that you added by referring the tip  . there was "  "   intead of  " ' " .  Now i corrected the quotes and it is working fine now please check . 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Students can not choose random unit anymore since update to 2.0.2’ is closed to new replies.