Students cannot invite friends

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Students cannot invite friends

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tomsmidt
    Spectator
    Hi Guys, The students do not have a way to invite people to be their friends.  It happened before the last upgrade, so I don't think that effected it.  We have students starting tonight on the LMS so I need to get this fixed. I have Groups and Forums and Students can "request membership" to groups.  Does that have anything to do with the invite not working? Thank you.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please check if the "Friends connections" component is enabled from wp-admin -> settings -> buddypress -> components ? If not then try enabling it and check again . If above does not helps then please do share your site url and admin credentials to check this issue at your end .
    tomsmidt
    Spectator
    Yes, please see attached. Thank you.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I your issue resolved ?
    tomsmidt
    Spectator
    Hi Latiyan, The problem still persists. Creds: http://coloradoyoungleaders.org/wp-login.php UID: wplmssupport PWD: fpljSwQ2R* Testing Student Login: http://coloradoyoungleaders.org/login/ UID: student PWD: student   This is the production site, please be careful what you change.   Thank you,
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I checked your siet and found it to be working fine . But it is taking too much time .The server response is too slow to see any activity . See video in below private reply .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    tomsmidt
    Spectator
    Yes, thank you and I apologize for the delayed response. 1.  Friends:  I see your video, but how do you get to see a list of members from a student login.  Please tell me how you get to this page, then I can either link it or give the students directions. 2.  Yes, the page is slow and it is not good.  I need your advice on how to speed it up.  I have followed directions and turned of several plugins, but I need your expertise. Thank you.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. Well that is buddypress members page which lists all user .You can access this page here your-site.com/members Where " members " is the page that you have select in wp-admin -> settings -> buddypress -> pages -> members directory page . 2. Well this just depends on your server load and number of request that it is handling at that moment .Contact webhost on this .
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Students cannot invite friends’ is closed to new replies.