Students getting results for other students' Assignments!

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Students getting results for other students' Assignments!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I can understand this is a critical issue. Yes, please share details to check this, as we have not ever come across this. Also tell if any server side caching is enabled in your site.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Also help in replicating this issue on the test site. Like a set of steps which replicate the bug. IF the code is working inconsistently then the issue could come from other variables involved like Varnish memory caching etc.  Session transfers can happen when cookie based objects ( WordPress  authentication system is basically cookie based ) are cached by Varnish. Please see this : https://info.varnish-software.com/blog/10-varnish-cache-mistakes-and-how-avoid-them  
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Unfortunately We do not have a use case, But we are still experiencing these issues. We were hoping that after the latest big updates of 3.5.1 the issue would be resolved. Please can you help us, maybe you need to dig in to the database or code to find something wrong? Have you ever had any other of your WPLMS customers have the same issue?
    Diana
    Participant
    @italymadeeasy, No, we did not experience this kind of Bug. Not reported by any of our user. If you can give us steps then we can check where the code gets stuck. As code is working fine but we need to check what is happening in your case
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Hi Diana, This is the third time I explain that we have not discovered the specific steps or reason to trigger this event. I feel like your team is not taking our case seriously. I know it is hard to find the issue when reproducing steps are not given. Closest you can do is:
    • create a new account,
    • Student Submits Assignment
    • Tutor Marks Assignment
    • Different Student receives results and emails etc
    But as also noted previously, most of the time, the correct student receives the feedback. maybe there is some bad data if a student signs up through buying a product in woocommerce directly, or some users are missing some data and the code has a catch for the situation and pumps out a different user ID. maybe that different User ID is saved somewhere for the student that is getting their assignment marked for some reason... I think you may benefit from looking into the database. Let me know if you want access to the database and I will provide it  
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    And in response to Mr. Vibe's comment about server caching, I will get back to you on that by contacting my hosting provider
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Here is another use case that received feedback for another student. Dan received the feedback for Danny (names are a coincidence). Dan does not own ANY courses Dan received feedback (through buddypress message) for Beginner Italian Level 2 Unit 11 and Unit 12, Both of which were intended for Danny. Danny did not receive the message the message for completing his assignment
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Diana
    Participant
    @italymadeeasy, Is it possible you can share the credentials of both the users? So I can check the issue on your site
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Diana
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘Students getting results for other students' Assignments!’ is closed to new replies.