Suggestion to improve quiz navigation

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Suggestion to improve quiz navigation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jmu289
    Participant
    Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the navigation of my quizzes? I have an 85 question quiz. This means there is the numbers "1" through "85" at the bottom of my screen. My students have to answer each question in order and click 85 times through each question. There is no way to know which questions they've skipped, or which question to refer back to. My students constantly complain that they want to go back and edit an answer before submitting a quiz but they can't find which question it was, so they have to click through 85 questions to find it. Or they skip a question intending to refer back to it but then they can't find it in the 85 quiz questions. I've requested a "mark for review" feature in the past but never heard back. Wondering if you have any suggestions or tips that I could use to improve my quizzes?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, On the single quiz page, when you mark any answer in a question then the question number on the left side becomes green and if user doesn't mark any answer then on the left side the color is not changed. So the user can easily see which answer they have skipped. At the end user can directly click no the question number on the left side to directly go to that question and answer it now. ------------------ You can also try using in-course quiz, to enable in-course quiz the setting is present in wp-admin->lms->settings->enable in-course quiz. In this quiz when you click on start quiz button on the course status page then you are not redirected to any single quiz page to do the quiz, but instead the quiz opens in the course status page itself just like a unit. In in-course quiz by default all the questions are shown on a single page but you can set how many questions should be visible on a single page (setting is present in lms settings). --------------- Let me know if this was helpful.
    jmu289
    Participant
    Thanks! So I have setup in-course quiz and I'm displaying one quiz per page. I'm using the C3 course layout so I think that's why each quiz question does not show question number on the left side as you mentioned. It just shows a question number on the bottom. There's numbers 1-85 and the user has to click through each
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Those numbers are the page numbers. You can show more questions on the same page , go to lms->settings->number of pages in in-course quiz.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Suggestion to improve quiz navigation’ is closed to new replies.