Switch Between User

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Switch Between User

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RMA
    Spectator
    I have tried may plugin to switch to student's account as I did with WPLMS 3.0. None of the plugin works. Any suggestion or is there a place in 4.0 to do so? This is critical to assist student.
    Veronica
    hi may I know with which plugin you have tested this? so we can check the same and also elaborate your issue that where you are getting the issue
    RMA
    Spectator
    1. I have been usuing Instant switching between user accounts in WordPress Version 1.5.6 | By John Blackbourn & contributors | View details 2. Have tried- Fast User Switching Fast user switching between users and roles directly from the admin bar - switch from… By Tikweb 3 User Role Switcher Instant switching between user roles in WordPress. By Dhanendran Rajagopal
    Diana
    Participant
    Yes, user switching plugin will not work in v4, because the system is based on JWT login which generates token and then allow users to login, after that they can access their controls. Previously, it was purely based on Wordpress, and that's why this was working You can still check user profiles, but to access, you need to login in user's account
    RMA
    Spectator
    Yes. The problem that we do not have the users PW.
    Veronica
    hi you can reset the user’s password to login this is the only alternative for now
    RMA
    Spectator
    Here is a fix that works. User will need but the JWT plugin. It gives administrators a temporally token to log into a students account. Thank you for using the Advanced Access Manager (aka AAM) plugin. With strong knowledge and experience in WordPress core, AAM becomes a very powerful collection of services to manage access to the website frontend, backend, and RESTful API. Note! Power comes with responsibility. Make sure you have a good understanding of WordPress Roles & Capabilities because AAM is very closely integrated with WordPress core. It is also recommended to have a backup of your database table wp_options before you start working with AAM. There is no need to back up your files. AAM does not modify any physical files on your server and never did. AAM is thoroughly tested on the fresh installation of the latest WordPress and in the latest versions of Chrome, Safari, IE, and Firefox. If you have any issues, the most typical cause is a conflict with other plugins or themes. If you are not sure where to start, please check our "Get Started" page to learn more about core concepts that may help you to manage access to your WordPress website more effectively.
    Veronica
    hi @RMA thanks for sharing this information here hope will help other users too have you tested this on your site and get the desired result? if yes then please confirm
    RMA
    Spectator
    Yes. I have tested it and able to assist students without having to chance PW. You have to set a token for the student account and give it a time that the token will expire. Then copy the URL and then click login.
    Veronica
    good to know this works for you thanks for all the details you have shared here for sure will help other thanks @RMA
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Switch Between User’ is closed to new replies.