tip from the old site support

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues tip from the old site support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    deadelfujiama
    Spectator
    Hello, the old site of support staff where I had a ticket you had explained how to customize the theme. Now the old support is no longer available and I would need to retrieve that information. you can recover or do I have to ask again here?
    deadelfujiama
    Spectator
    my request was: I would like to create a section with tutorials. These tutorials are like the courses but I want to keep them separate from the courses. the template of these pages should be similar to the pages of the course but with less features than it is now.
    sandy
    Reply from earlier ticket(old support): Adding new course category "tutorial" and load the customize template only in courses that belongs to the course-category "Tutorial" is possible.
    For this you need to create a template same as single-course.php with some other name single-course-tutorial.php that contains your customization.
    In this you can add a action on filter "template_redirect" and on this filter run your custom function.
    In custom function , get the course id and then fetch the course category associated with the course id . if the course category is the category "tutorial" then load_template('add path of your custom template") or use wp_redirect("add link here");
    By doing this when the course template loads it first checks if the course category is tutorial then it will redirect to the custom template .
    Let us know if this clarifies.
    Hope this helps.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘tip from the old site support’ is closed to new replies.