Top and bottom footer background colour

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Top and bottom footer background colour

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    I'm trying to make the top footer and bottom footer have different background colours but can't get it working. In the screenshot you can see the top footer, where it says 'supporters and friends' has a white background, and then there's a blue stripe and the bottom footer. The blue stripe should be the background colour for the whole bottom footer. I've used the following css   /* top footer */ .footertop{ background-color:#000; }   /* bottom footer */ .footerbottom{ background-color:#2f3349; }   Any ideas on how to get it working? Thanks
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Use this custom css:
    footer {background-color:#000;}

#footerbottom {background-color:#2f3349;}
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    Thanks for your reply. That's not quite what I need. I probably didn't explain it very well, sorry. New screenshot attached. I need the top footer to have a white background The bottom footer (which is actually the middle footer? Class  = footerbottom) to have a blue background And the very bottom footer (ID = footerbottom) to be white Applying a background colour to the class footer gives both footertop and footerbottom that colour. I've tried applying a colour just to class footerbottom but it doesn't work.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You can only change the footer background color and the bottom footer background color, for this you don't need the css but you can adjust it from appearance->customize->footer->footer background color and the bottom footer background color. As you are suggesting to change the footer background color into two halfs, but its not possible to do so because the structure is not designed accordingly. If you even try to change the color it will look like the screenshot: http://prnt.sc/b84njn So I am sorry but its not possible to change the background color as per your suggestion, as our design structure does not support this.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Top and bottom footer background colour’ is closed to new replies.