Top menu and header top content not displaying with fixed header

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Top menu and header top content not displaying with fixed header

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kasutan
    Spectator
    Hello, I'm trying to use a top menu and/or header top content but they do not appear in the front-end. I've tried with "static" and "fixed" headers, without success. I'm happy to provide access to the development website if it can be useful. Regards, Kasutan
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The switch is present in the wplms->header->fixed header on scroll. It works fine on our test setup. --------- I guess you are using default header style (which you can change from appearance->customize->header->header style), and in this style the top menu is very small and if you are logged in as an admin then it gets hidden behind the wp-admin bar on the top of the website. Therefore try checking this as a non logged in users. Let me know if this helps.
    Kasutan
    Spectator
    Thank you for your quick answer. To which switch are you referring when you say : "The switch is present in the wplms->header->fixed header on scroll." ? I've looked in the WPLMS menu / header section, but did not find a switch to activate/deactivate the top menu. I'm using the transparent style header and cannot find the top menu or header top content as a non-logged-in user, or even in the source code. Thank you for your patience
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I was referring to this setting: http://prntscr.com/dk6o2l
    Kasutan
    Spectator
    Hello, sorry it took me so long to answer. I looked up the template file (header-transparent.php), there is indeed a  <ul class="topmenu"> but it only displays a login link and Woocommerce cart. There is no code for calling a header additional content or a top menu. However, in header-generic.php, there is code for displaying a top menu (lines 69 to 76) : should this code be present in header-transparent.php? I'm not the first person to work on this website, maybe a previous developer modified the file... Thanks in adavance
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    No, its designed like this, we provide different header styles for our users. In transparent header style we don't show any top menu only one single menu and its trasparent. In generic header style the top menu is shown just like in default header style but the main header is transparent like transparent header style. You can change the differernt header styles from wp-admin->appearance->customize->header styles. ------------- If you use transparent header then the full header will be fixed on scroll (given you have enabeld the setting I mentioned above). If you use generic header style then the top header will be fixed on scroll. ------------ I am not sure what issue you are facing right now, so if you can share a live url with me then I can  check what issue you are facing and help you to fix it.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You can also mark your reply as private if you do not want to share the url publicly.
    Kasutan
    Spectator
    Hi, thank you for your answer. The issue I was trying to solve was the top menu not displaying in the header, this is now solved. Regards
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for the update, so closing the topic.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Top menu and header top content not displaying with fixed header’ is closed to new replies.