translation problem

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues translation problem

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    karanna
    Spectator
    Hello, i use CodeStyling Localization plugin to translate and i bumped into a problem after i changed the theme from the original one, to Modern Theme: i translated the modern theme with CodeStyling Localization and if i generate the .mo file for wplms_modern textdomain, i loose the vibe textdomain from modern theme, and right there is the translation for the login part of the modern theme. So....right now is like that: either i keep the translation for course module, witch is in wplms_modern textdomain, either i loose that module and i keep the website autentification module translated. Please help. :)) anca bogdan
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    You'll need to merge the translations. a. Delete the existing translation files in WPLMS Modern theme. b. Create a new translation file in modern theme, Re-Scan the files and merge the parent theme translations. Make sure you've a backup of the translations, Codestyling will automatically suggest you to merge the Parent WPLMS theme translation with the WPLMS Modern theme translation files. Let me know if this does not help.
    karanna
    Spectator
    I did what you said and it worked, but in order to work on login translation i had to map again the modern theme, then add again the missing translation and re-sync. Now all is translated except RELATED COURSES (and that's annoying because it shows right on courses description page) and i also couldn't find   "I agree to these terms and conditions" to translate (in create a new account page). Thanks for the tip, thow! :)  
    karanna
    Spectator
    The login translation is still in english....my bet.....i didn't erase the cache. So...back to square 1. :( I cannot translate the login detalis (in modern theme) and RELATED COURSES because they do not appear on wplms clasic theme and so on... anca bogdan
    karanna
    Spectator
    So...can you help? I have a half romanian half english site and it looks weird.... :)   thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    These texts are in the modern theme .Please edit the language file of the modern theme .Please rescan the file before editing these texts .and then follow the same procedure to translate .
    karanna
    Spectator
    I already translated those texts and they do not appear on my site in the traslating language. I rescanned....erase the cache.........bla bla........i have no more solutions.   anca bogdan
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please share your admin credentials and site url to check the issue at your end . PS : mark reply as private while sharing the credentials .
    karanna
    Spectator
    Hello, in the mean time i added in modern theme - functions.php these lines and it translated the texts but the login module is not translating this way and also, the EVENTS tab in the courses pages presentation is not translating. This is the code i used: function my_text_strings( $translated_text, $text, $domain ) { switch ( $translated_text ) { case 'Related Courses' : $translated_text = __( 'Cursuri Recomandate', 'woocommerce' ); break; case 'ratings' : $translated_text = __( 'evaluari', 'woocommerce' ); break; case 'stars' : $translated_text = __( 'stele', 'woocommerce' ); break; case 'Customer Details' : $translated_text = __( 'Detalii client', 'woocommerce' ); break; case 'Signed up' : $translated_text = __( 'Inscris la', 'woocommerce' ); break; case 'More Reviews' : $translated_text = __( 'Arata mai multe Recenzii', 'woocommerce' ); break; case 'Less Reviews' : $translated_text = __( 'Arata mai putine Recenzii', 'woocommerce' ); break; case 'Show More' : $translated_text = __( 'Arata mai mult', 'woocommerce' ); break; case 'Show Less' : $translated_text = __( 'Arata mai putin', 'woocommerce' ); break; case 'Delete' : $translated_text = __( 'Sterge', 'woocommerce' ); break; } return $translated_text; } add_filter( 'gettext', 'my_text_strings', 20, 3 );   THESE ARE CREDENTIALS FOR ADMIN: user : anca pass: karanna418548 Thank you very much for your time. :) anca  
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘translation problem’ is closed to new replies.