Trouble saving content to units

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Trouble saving content to units

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jenny
    Participant
    Hi When I try and add content to a unit, I keep getting a popup (when I click the 'Update' button) that if I leave the page changes will not be saved. It only occurs when I type anything into the default content box towards the top of the unit page (see attached). Other people have posted similar issues, but
    • I don't have https on the site (not using it for ecommerce; educational/school site only)
    • I don't have any external content such as embedded videos currently on the unit page
    The above two reasons have been posted in other tickets as being the offenders. I am just using the default WPLMS theme, not a child theme. I haven't gone in behind the scenes and changed any PHP scripts. The only thing I've really changed is the colour scheme through the WPLMS Appearance panel. Content on the page appears to save, at least some of the time, but not consistently so. My WP version is 4.5.2 My WPLMS version is 2.0.9.3 All plugins are up-to-date as of today. Any ideas? I'm reluctant to push on with adding any more content if there is an issue of which I am unaware that could cause problems further down the track and/or not have content saved. Thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this popup appears when there is some ajax request that is yet to complete and in the time between user clicks the update button . so the popup appears to prompt the user to update the page . how ever if click on leave page that content will still gets updated . Please try deactivating third party plugins .
    oasis
    Spectator
    Firstly, I must say, I like the system, it generally works great. But I have the same issue after some updates(or at least similar) The only one that gives this prompt is units and it happens if I change the title and then press update I deactivated all of the third plugins that did not help. The page does not always prompt, sometimes I can do one save without the prompt but testing it the second time I have a prompt again :( I have wp 4.5.2 and all the latest updates themes and plugins I am using blank child theme. Please help if possible. Need to give this soon over to a client who may not take kindly of this kind of defect.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well in the backedn this prompt is appears by the wordpress and wplms does not initiates this prompt . When anything in the page is changes wordpress makes an ajax call to save it in revisions . If you even click on leave the page the content gets saved .There is no such problem in that . this issue generally appears when there is too much load on server and it is not able to process ajax calls quickly or something that might be throwing some error while wordpress is creating calls . Can you please share your url  of a unit in which issue is appearing and admin credentials in a private reply to check this at your end .
    oasis
    Spectator
    Hello! Thank you for quick answer. I checked my javascript console and there is indeed an error occurring load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=thickbox,hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,heartbeat,autosave,wp-ajax-respon…:350 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'canvas' of undefined Later on the loading I get a warning Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/. This is the unit link in the backend http://oasis-solutions.ee/c/jooga-debug/wp-admin/post.php?post=2186&action=edit&lang=et user test pass EMGuT78 Let me know if there is any trouble signing in
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well i checked your site and found that there are some tird aprty plugins that you are using there which are making calls and the wordpress heartbeat call is returning error . I also checked that you are using caching plugin. Can you please try deactivating all third party plugins at once and check the issue again .
    oasis
    Spectator
    Yes, afterwards I installed the cache plugin but I was having the problem before that. But as for now, I turned off all of the plugins except for 7 plugins that are from WPLMS package only and I still get an error :( I think the issue came already with some previous updates, cause I was switching back on some previous version and was having the same problem. But the package we had in the beginning was fine. What now? Feel free to do stuff/play around there it is a debug site made to solve such kind of problems. Or if I can do something to test or fix it myself.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I again checked your site also woth same set of plugins i was not able to replicate the issue at any of our test and demo setups . this issue seems to be site specific . I also noticed that you are using a child theme .Can you please check if the issue is appearing with the default wplms theme by switching to it ? (can use a test setup to test this)
    oasis
    Spectator
    Good thinking, switched to default theme. Sadly, no effect, still having issue
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please finally check this by switching back to the default wordpress 2015 theme ?
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble saving content to units’ is closed to new replies.