Unit Attachments Links Protection

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Unit Attachments Links Protection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    Hello, In the units attachments, students can copy the links of the attachments and share it everywhere, how can I protect those links? Thanks,
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    I tried, this code on WPLMS customizer plugin, but it broke the plugin: apply_filters('wplms_unit_attachments',1,$id); add_filter('wplms_unit_attachments',function($flag,$id){ if( !is_user_logged_in() ){ $flag = 0; } return $flag; }10,2);
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, You are talking, Which type of unit attachment , Are you talking about course video protect not allowing them to get the video link and watch it outside the unit or download it. If yes then Those videos can be downloaded,to secure your video content please use vimeo or wistia and embed your video from there. Thanks,
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    Hello, Thank you for replaying back to me, no I meant the attachments we upload through media like photos, documents, notes, slides, those that you add by pressing on "Add attachments" in unit settings, and they have download button beside it. See attached screenshot https://prnt.sc/sy1vll
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    I don't want to remove the download option, I want to protect the link, I don't want them to right click on the attachments --> copy the link --> share it outside our platform, it doesn't make sense for paid courses, we need protection.
    Diana
    Participant
    For that we have a setting which you can enable from wp-admin > WPLMS > Course Manager > Disable the right click So nobody will be able to right click and hence they are not able to access the link
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    I knew you are going to reply with this answer, LOL I know about the right click function, but if the unit is free I can't protect it. Despite, they can take the link from the download history in their browser. The concept is, if in any case the student got the link, I don't want him to paste it somewhere else and get the attachment. Like if he paste it, without logging in, he would be prompt to login for example.
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    Dear Diana, Thank you so much for replying back, may I ask, where do I put this code? add_filter('wplms_unit_attachments','wplms_unit_attachments_remove',10,2); function wplms_unit_attachments_remove($flag,$id){ if( !is_user_logged_in() ){ $flag = 0; } return $flag; }
    Diana
    Participant
    In wp-admin > Plugins > editor > select wplms customizer plugin > wplms-customizer.php
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    Since the moment I have put the code above, in my first post, the customizer plugin got broken, and now when I try to install it, I get this message: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature So, I'm not able to put the code you have given me in the last reply.
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    I'm sorry, ignore the last message, I was able to upload the plugin successfully, however the code didn't work.
    Diana
    Participant
    This is what I can do using custom code. Otherwise you can try another method http://somup.com/cY1b6dQ0aU The code is working fine as you can see, not accessible to non logged in users
    MssmLccs9-
    Participant
    So, I see what you did, the attachments are hidden for non logged in users, which is good. Yet the link still works for non logged in users.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Unit Attachments Links Protection’ is closed to new replies.