Units not linking when adding to course

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Units not linking when adding to course

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CompassRTO
    Spectator
    When trying to add units to my course, it's not showing up anything in a drop down menu anymore. All the units have been linked as per normal. It just says "Please enter 4 or more characters." Why won't they show up in a dropdown menu like before?
    sandy
    The functionality has been added in 2.0 update to reduce the number of queries and reduce loading time. From now on, you need to search by the unit name in the field. Please refer screenshot : http://prntscr.com/9vdii5 Hope this helps.
    CompassRTO
    Spectator
    This is ridiculous though, it doesn't help at all. We are selling online courses and each of them has an intro and then a summary, so now when i type in 'Intro' it brings up dozens of entries, not the ones linked to this course! Why did it change? It worked perfectly and easily before.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please type further . We have revamped this be'coz previous one was taking too much memory in user's site and can result in crashing the website as well in the wp-admin . Previously we populated the select box when the page loads with all the units which use to run large query  on the server and in many cases crashes the site .Many users have reported this to us. Now the query shorten and filtered with the characters that you enter in the search box then it populates the select box dynamically .
    jenny
    Participant
    Hi, I have the same problem I think, but I have no ability to start typing the name of a unit (see attached). The drop-down list is empty - no text box to even start typing! I've tried this in Chrome and Firefox.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Make sure that your wplms theme and all its plugins are updated to latest version . Please check js error on your page : https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors If any then please try deactivating third party plugins and check issue again one by one. If above does not helps then please share your site url and admin credentials to check this at your end .
    BrianOJee
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @BrianOjee:  Please create your own topic for your issues for better understanding. Also check if there is some js error on your page. Also try deactivating the third party plugins.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Units not linking when adding to course’ is closed to new replies.