Update to 2.8 not working

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Update to 2.8 not working

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Hello guys I posted a couple of month ago about another theme update not working. It goes into maintenance mode and 'hangs' without making the update. I checked with my host and shared this info with them to check that hosting was all ok. PHP version : 5.3+ PHP Memory limit : 128 m or more PHP Upload limit : 32mb or more PHP Max execution Time limit : 200s or more (only required for sample data setup) They confirm its all good. The theme is not updating at all. I can't update, so I'm also stuck with outdated woocommerce files which means my shopping cart doesn't work - customers are unable to check out items so an urgent fix is requested. Thanks!
    Well 500 errors are related to server side issues. 1. There might be insufficient memory available for the theme to run properly, we recommend atleast 128MB of memory for WPLMS Theme. 2. If you use a lot of third party plugins then you might need to upgrade your memory limit to more than 128MB 3. There is also an issue with the ENVATO MARKET PLUGIN. It sometimes causes wp-admin to not open at all or open very slowly. It sometimes also gives 500 errors. Envato market plugin is not a stable release. So, for the time being do not activate it. You will still get the theme updates if you have added the api key and password in the Wp-admin->wplms->getting started. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ACCESS THE WP-ADMIN->PLUGINS, THEN USE THIS GUIDE TO DEACTIVATE THE ENVATO MARKET PLUGIN. http://www.webhostinghub.com/help/learn/wordpress/rename-plugin-to-disable    
    Thanks for the reply - here's some extra info: - I do not have the Envato Market Plugin - I already had the api key and password set and it still didn't update (didn't work last time I had this update issue either) - How much memory is 'enough' - I can ask my host for more, but how do I know how much to ask for? - No update means I'm still stuck with woocommerce issues and customers can't check out any items - Last time you guys ended up having to do it via FTP but I want to find out what's wrong so it can at least auto update when its meant to Look forward to hearing from you
    Kindly provide us your wp-admin credentials and ftp credentials of your site. We will look into your issue. Your old credentials does not seem to be working. PS: Please mark your reply as private.
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this reply  " That would be something with the wordpress which we do not support. I do not know why it won't update automatically. " from your webhost clearly shows that they just wanted to ignore the issue and blame it upon wordpress . We have many of our users who are able to update both wordpress and theme successfully regularly . I would now recommend you to update your theme manually : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/manually-updating-wplms/ and wordpress also : http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-manually-update-wordpress-using-ftp/ PS:  please take full backup of your site i.e files + database while doing manual  update
    OK thanks for your help - I'll mark this as resolved as I've updated everything manually but there's obviously something else I need to sort out with my host. My shopping cart is now working as it should after all the updates. Thanks guys!
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Update to 2.8 not working’ is closed to new replies.