Updates crash my site

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Updates crash my site

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AlexViaOp7
    Spectator
    Hello, I currently have WPLMS version 2.2 installed because I've never been able to update... Every time I've attempted to update WPLMS, it crashes my site (white screen on both the front and back ends).  I've tried disabling plugins through FTP, but have never been able to find a plugin culprit, the only thing that has ever brought the site back is reverting back to the old version of WPLMs from my backups.  I have since kept up with the updates for my plugins, and thought maybe those updates might have resolved the theme update issue, but I just recently attempted the latest WPLMS 2.4 update, and again, my site crashed... so I reverted back. I would like to update to the latest version of WPLMS, but I'm not sure what to try, and I'd rather not lose more time with the site down while I load and reload files in ftp, if possible.  Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay can you please share your server php error log (upload it somewhere online and share its link here ) to look into this ? Please make sure that all your plugins are updated to latest version before updating your wplms theme to latest . Also can you please share a test site(staging site ) where we can test this scenario ? for staging site please refer : https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/how-to-create-wp-staging-environment/
    AlexViaOp7
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay thanks for sharing error log .Reading your error log I am guessing that there are some missing files and piece of code due to which errors are appearing .The code is not able to find some files and also it is returning syntax errors ,but im not sure about that . Can you please contact your webhost and check if your php version is more than equal to 5.4 atleast? If its not then please ask them to upgrade your php version on server . Please also provide your admin credentials ,site url and a valid FTP credentials to try updating your site . NOTE : please take full backup of your site before giving us go ahead to update theme at your end . PS : mark reply as private while sharing credentials .
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Updates crash my site’ is closed to new replies.