Urgent: Different start dates of lessons for each batches

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Urgent: Different start dates of lessons for each batches

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    david_peris
    Spectator
    Hi, I have 3 batch for a single course and each batch have specific dates to start a lessons. What I need is this: In the course lesson 1 has no scheduled start date. In batch AL001 I need lesson 1 starts on August 16. In batch AL002 I need lesson 1 starts on August 31. (and so on other lessons ...) To change the start dates of each lesson in each batch I modify the curriculum of each batch as indicated in their tutorial (https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/different-curriculums-for-different-batches-in-a-course/)   The problem: I change the start date of lesson 1 in the AL001 batch to August 16. I change the start date of lesson 1 in batch AL002 to August 31. Then I see that the date of lesson 1 of batch AL002 has replaced the date of lesson 1 of batch AL001 and also the date of lesson 1 of the course (which should not have a date). Attach video capture: http://somup.com/cqjDbte06i   I need to solve this as urgently as possible! Thanks! David
    david_peris
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    david_peris
    Spectator
    Yes!
    Scott Lang
    Hi, It looks like you are setting batch start date from course page . You have to set start date from batch settings not from course page, refer this : http://prntscr.com/ouy012
    david_peris
    Spectator
    Hi, I do not mean the start date of the course. I mean the start date of the different units. Each unit has a specific start date. This is what I need. Example: Batch AL001. Unit1 start 16-08-19, Unit2 start 03-09-19, Unit3 start 24-09-19, etc.. Batch AL002. Unit1 start 31-08-19, Unit2 start 12-09-19, Unit3 start 01-10-19, etc.. ...  
    Scott Lang
    Hi, Please refer this image to clear understanding for course and units which we are refering  : http://prntscr.com/ov1xiy Course connected with batch : http://prntscr.com/ov1yy3 Note : You can set only start date for course within batch settings. Unit,Quizes are child of course.
    david_peris
    Spectator
    Please, I need an urgent solution to this problem: I only have one course and many students to do this course. I need to divide the students into groups (or batches!) for each group of students to access the course, but each group has to have different access dates to each of the units. The units have specific access dates as explained above. I bought Batches thinking it was the solution, but if not, I need to know how to solve this problem. Thanks, David
    Scott Lang
    Hi, Wplms-batch-plugin is use to set start date for one course which is connected with multiple batches . Please refer this tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_VlBNhfN_w&list=PL8n4TGA_rwD8C5pJOE7H2Cz_d8kVnCLYQ Example : If you have course1 which is connected with batch1(start_date = 25 Aug) and batch2(start_date = 28Aug). then from batch1 user can access course after 25Aug and batch2 user can access course after 28Aug      
    david_peris
    Spectator
    Hi again, I think he doesn't understand me. I know that with Batches I can set different start date for each Batch. But I don't need this only. I need each batch to have different start dates for each of the 8 lessons my course has. Example: -Batch AL001. Unit1 start 16-08-19, Unit2 start 03-09-19, Unit3 start 24-09-19, etc.. -Batch AL002. Unit1 start 31-08-19, Unit2 start 12-09-19, Unit3 start 01-10-19, etc.. If Batches is not able to solve this, tell me.   Another possible solution would be to duplicate the course?   Please give me a solution, it is urgent! Thanks! David
    Scott Lang
    Hi, Batch is not able to set start date for unit . Another possible solution would be to duplicate the course?  No it does not work. It has no solution to set start date for unit. It can work only for course access restrictions.
    david_peris
    Spectator
    Hi,   Four days ago I ask for a solution, don't waste my time, please. You say: "Batch cannot set the start date of the unit" --> Perfect, this is what you need to know, thanks! So, let's forget the Batches forever! But I steel need an URGENT solution to my problem, please be serious.   I have Course A that includes 8 Units with a maximum capacity for 10 students. These 8 Units already have a specific start date: Unit 1 - 08-31-19 Unit 2 - 28-09-19 Unit 3 - 26-10-19 Unit 4 - 23–11-19 Unit 5 - 21-12-19 Unit 6 - 01-25-20 Unit 7 - 02-22-20 Unit 8 - 03-21-20   But now I have 10 more students interested in taking Course A. So now I need this new group of 10 students to take Course A, but the starting dates of the Units are this: Unit 1 - 15-09-19 Unit 2 - 18-10-19 Unit 3 - 11-20-19 Unit 4 - 13–12-19 Unit 5 - 08-01-20 Unit 6 - 02-02-20 Unit 7 - 12-03-20 Unit 8 - 04-04-20   It is a very normal situation, I am sure that any other user will have already raised this problem. My solution is duplicate a Course A(to Course B) for the 10 new students. Therefore in Course B i can modify the start dates of the Units. But can you tell me that this does not work? So, if this idea doesn't work, WPLMS has to have another solution for this! Finally, do you understand what I need? Forget the Batches and give me an urgent solution please! Thanks,   David
    david_peris
    Spectator
    Any answer? I need to talk to a person who knows how to give me a solution. My client is desperate and me too. This is urgent, time is money. Thanks! David
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster

Then I see that the date of lesson 1 of batch AL002 has replaced the date of lesson 1 of batch AL001 and also the date of lesson 1 of the course (which should not have a date).

This is happening because of the same unit .When you are updating a unit start date while editing curriculum for a batch it saves the start date into unit's own data not in batch data .Therefore the unit's start sate has been overwritten for all batches coz the same unit is being used for all batches .   While editing curriculum you will need to create a new unit per batch as well as for course .So there will be three units one for the course and other two for two different batches. Only then the start dates can be implemented for different batches . When you load curriculum for your batches it is loading the same unit .   What you would need to do is to load curriculum for the batch , then remove all the units for which you want to implement the different start dates then add a new unit with same name and set the same content ,set its start date and save the curriculum for the batch. A suggestion : Please prefix or suffix your unit name with batch name to identify the batch of the unit .  
    david_peris
    Spectator
    Hi, Thank you very much for the explanation!! I think I understood the solution well. I have a question: It seems that with the batch system it is not possible to have the "Have Questions? Ask in the Unit Forums" button activated with the Batch Forum. You can see the query in this post: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/have-questions-ask-in-the-unit-forums-disappeared/ But applying the solution that you indicate, is it possible to solve this? Thanks! David
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Urgent: Different start dates of lessons for each batches’ is closed to new replies.