User getting registered even after selecting manual approval

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues User getting registered even after selecting manual approval

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wifethecompany
    Spectator
    Hi, The users are still getting registered even after i have selected "<span style="color: #222222; font-family: Consolas, 'Lucida Console', 'Courier New', monospace; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap;">Disable activation email and manually approve accounts.</span>" Can you look into this ASAP. Regards,
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Hello, It happens due to caching, the changes you have done in registration setting are not reflecting. So disable your caching and then make changes for your registration settings.
    wifethecompany
    Spectator
    Hi, I disabled the caching and made the changes still the issue persist. Can you please look into this. Regards,
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi You would need to do following things:
    1. You would need to delete the activation emails in your site if you do not want to send them activation link .

2. Secondly disable the "skip activation email" settings in custom registration forms.

This is because when this setting is enabled it registers that user right away . Now with email deleted there will be no email sent to user and you can manually approve their account from wp-admin -> users -> bp sigups

wifethecompany
    Spectator
    Hi, Thank you for your response. I followed your step but the thing is that user is still getting registered without me approving it when i select skip mail verification and select the option "Disable activation email and manually approve accounts." but when I unselect the option skip mail verification select the option "Disable activation email and manually approve accounts"  then the user gets a message when registering "CONGRATULATIONS ! YOU HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFULLY REGISTERED, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE THE ACCOUNT" this time i able to manually approve the user. In this how can i change the message Regards,  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the message can be changed by translating it in vibe shortcodes plugin by using this tip : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/translate-using-loco-translate-plugin/
    wifethecompany
    Spectator
    Hi, I have installed this plugin but still i could not find the message. Regards,
    wifethecompany
    Spectator
    if you can let me know in which file this message is i will manually change the message.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    in wp-content/plugins/vibe-shortcodes/includes/ajaxcalls.php file
    wifethecompany
    Spectator
    Thanks for your reply
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Thanks for confirmation, closing this topic.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘User getting registered even after selecting manual approval’ is closed to new replies.