Username changes by itself?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Username changes by itself?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    chrsjensen
    Participant
    I have NO IDEA how this happened. Suddenly when I login my name and username is completely different from what it used to be (please see image 01, 02 and 03) without me ever changing it. I managed to change the name under my profile but my username is still wrong (please see image 04). How does something like this happen when a username cannot be changed?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This was an issue with the bp social connect plugin, we have fixed this issue and released an update 2 days back. So please update your bp social connect plugin to avoid this in future. The username is not editable that's why its not changed, your screenshot shows that the "User_nicename" is changed which is shown as the author url and is generally same as that of username. The user_nicename is same as username but in actual it is different because if your username was changed then you could not even login in your website. Username is saved as "user_login" in the databse and this one is your user_nicename that you have to change. To change your user_nicename you have to make changes in the database, go to your phpmyadmin and open your database, then go to wp-users table and edit your user_nicename, refer: http://prntscr.com/c3ubfx Let me know if this helps.  
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Username changes by itself?’ is closed to new replies.