Users keep getting access to courses, even after Woocommerce Membership is over

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Users keep getting access to courses, even after Woocommerce Membership is over

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    I have Woocommerce Membership set for 1 month and tied it with Woocommerce Subscription. I noticed that if a student has started a course during an active membership period, the student continues to get access to the full course for unlimited days even after the membership has expired. Is it because of Total duration of course is set to 9999? I want the student to be able to access the paid courses only while the Wocommerce Membership is active.  
    Diana
    Participant
    Is your setup is correct according to this video?  : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN9DKUSeoIg
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    Hi Diana, I am using Woocommerce membership integration with wplms addon - WPLMS-Woocommerce-Membership. I have 2 types of Memberships:
    • one is specific to a course and
    • another one gives access to all paid courses across the site (called All Access).
    Memberships are linked to Subscriptions, so the users My users buy a monthly subscription for the appropriate Membership. Once the subscription is over or cancelled, they should not get access to the course , in the current set up they still get access. Please let me know how can I fix this?
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    Hi Diana, I am using Woocommerce membership integration with wplms addon - WPLMS-Woocommerce-Membership. I have 2 types of Memberships:
    • one is specific to a course and
    • another one gives access to all paid courses across the site (called All Access).
    Memberships are linked to Subscriptions, so the users My users buy a monthly subscription for the appropriate Membership. Once the subscription is over or cancelled, they should not get access to the course , in the current set up they still get access. Please let me know how can I fix this?
    Veronica
    hi, sorry for the delay in response due to support holiday. we need to check this out on our local setup. please ping us if we forgot to reply. and it will be great if you share the video of the settings and steps you are applying. as you know about the circumstances about the society, we are working from our's home so we need to setup everything from initial. your video will help us to perform the steps exact you did. #staysafe
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    hi, need your patience in this i have to discussed it with my seniors and they are not available now. i will reply to your query once we checked it.
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    Hi, Just checking to see if your seniors have check this?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you are using both woocommerce memberhsips and woocommerce subscriptions together which does not works with wplms. We have different addons for both which works totally differently and using both will definitely lead to such issues . https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/woocommerce-membership-integration-with-wplms-addon/ https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/woocommerce-membership-integration-with-wplms-addon/   You have choose either of them and they will work in specifically same way as mentioned on the above links.
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    Hi Alex, Sorry, but I am still not sure how to achieve BOTH the following:
    1. I want users to get access to a single paid course by paying a monthly subscription of $9.99/month
    2. I also want them to have an option of buying access to all paid courses by paying a monthly subscription of $24.99/month
    Example: I have paid courses: Course "A", Course "B" and Course "C". Students can buy access to either Course "A" or course "B" or course "C" INDIVIDUALLY for $9.99/month each. The students also have a choice to buy access to ALL the paid courses for $24.99/month. Should I use Subscription or Membership and what should be the setting? Your help will be highly appreciated.
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    H Alex, Actually, I figured out how to set up Woocommerce Subscription and Woocommerce Membership and WPLMS Membership for the above, but I found this bug in the WPLMS Membership addon. Here's the bug: According to Woocommerce Membership documentation, a user should not be able to access restricted content when membership status is 'Paused', but in this case, even when Woocommerce Membership status is 'Paused', the user is still able to access the Course. Only if the Membership status is marked 'Expired' or 'Cancelled', does the access to that course is removed. You can reproduce this bug by following the below steps in the given sequence:
    1. Add an active Membership for a specific Course for a particular User
    2. Check if the particular user has access to the course - you will see that the user will be able to access as designed
    3. Now, change the status of the specific Course to Paused
    4. Check if the particular user still has access to the course - you will see that the user will be able to still access the course (which should not be allowed)
    5. Now, change the status of the specific Course to Expired or Cancelled
    6. Check if the particular user still has access to the course - you will see that the user will not be able to access the course
    Note, if you change an Active Membership to Expired or Cancelled first and then to Paused, the user will not be able to access the course. The bug is only when a user's membership changes from Active to Paused. Would appreciate if you can test and fix this bug.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I already told that both the addons will not work if you are using both memberships and subscriptions .   yes you can achieve both : sell course A monthly subscription .   sell all courses on site for monthly subscription .   All you need is to use woocommerce subscriptions only . and wplms woocomerce subscriptions addon . Create subscription products and select the courses you want to access for the subscription .   So you will have two products : one which will  have only one course selected which will be for only this course .   The other will be product containing all courses (you will select all courses in this product course settings) and it will give access to all your courses in one go and also revoke it once subscription expires .     and to show links of both products on course you can make use of this tip  : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/show-multiple-pricing-for-course-via-woocommerce/
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    Hi Alex, Out of box the Course Product setting only allows for adding one product. To add more than 1 product the link you provided is over 5 years old and when I look at the functions.php file, it is not even close to what you have as a screenshot. How do I enable multiple product linking to the course?
    Veronica
    hi, if you want to enable multiple product for single course then somehow this will help you: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/show-multiple-pricing-for-course-via-woocommerce/
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    Hi Veronica / Alex, Not sure if you read my message just before your message. The link that Veronica shared is the same that Alex shared before and I already replied to Alex. The link is over 5 years old and the functions.php file does not look even close to what is shown in the link. Can you please check? Also, In my previous message I mentioned about a bug in the WooCommerce WPLMS Membership addon. I have detailed the steps to reproduce it. In short, it allows users to continue access to the course, even after the Membership is paused. Please see if you can help me either fix the bug in WooCommerce WPLMS Membership addon OR help me with adding multiple products in Course Product setting. Either solution should work.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Users keep getting access to courses, even after Woocommerce Membership is over’ is closed to new replies.