Using child theme / languages

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Using child theme / languages

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chajadesign
    Participant
    Hi, I have recently updated the theme to demo2 version. This is working fine but I would like to use a child theme for this so I can seperate the language files for preventing them to be overwritten when updating the theme. Do you have a workaround to achieve this?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    If you want to customize your theme  then you can use child theme say blank child theme. Simply add the blank child theme in the themes directory and activate the theme. Now only few plugins will be deactivated so you'll have to activate them again and your theme design and settings will remain same and you can customize your theme. For translation you should use the translation plugins such as codestyling plugin or loco translate plugin. Refer: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/translate-using-loco-translate-plugin/ Just make sure the languages files are saved in the wp-content/languages folder, then your languages will be safe from the update and you'll just have to sync the files after update.
    chajadesign
    Participant
    Hi,   Thank you for the helping with this!  
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Using child theme / languages’ is closed to new replies.