Using coupon and enrol in batch

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Using coupon and enrol in batch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    amacken
    Spectator
    Hi team, My courses are all sold to schools. Each school purchases a 12 month licence to access courses contained within its own private batch. I'm trying to figure out a logical workflow for sign-ups and enrolment within a batch as currently there are too many steps involved. Is it possible that when a school purchases, I can create a Woocommerce coupon for 100% discount. This coupon is sent to all the users in that school so that they simply register on the site, input a coupon code and are automatically assigned into the correct batch? If not, can you think of a logical workaround? The current way of creating a user, user gets an email, user signs in, user is sent an email inviting them into the batch, user logs in and accepts invitation, is too long and too many things to go wrong (particularly over-zealous email filters). Thank you Alan
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, You bulk add users to a batch, refer this tip: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/bulk-add-students-to-batch-via-csv/ If the users are registered on the website then they will be added in the batch and if they are not registered then the account will be created automatically and they will receive an email to activate their account and then automatically added in the batch.
    amacken
    Spectator
    Thanks for your answer H.K. I have tested and used the plugin and unfortunately, whilst it works, it doesn't help with what I want to achieve.
    1. When you create the csv, the email address becomes the username. This is very odd, you should be able to create usernames separate from the email address.
    2. Related to 1 above, when the email is received by the new user, the username is (for example) [email protected] (note the dots), but when the user logs in the username is shown as testemail@testing-email-com (note the hyphens). This could be confusing for the user.
    I used to use Learndash and the user sign-up and flow was exceptionally easy with this. Using the plugin 'Import Users from CSV' you could add a username, email address, password and, vitally, their group. This would automatically assign all those accounts into a private group (batch) and the users would get notified via an email of their username and password. Crucially, you could also personalise the email that went out to those users. I came over to WPLMS from Learndash for two reasons, firstly because I like the theme and secondly Batches looked like a big step up. Unfortunately (and I mean no disrespect by this) Batches has turned out to be a huge disappointment for what I want to do. Are there any plans to update Batches, and if so what and when please? Thanks Alan
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Sorry that you feel this way. But the plugin I referred you to is not the wplms batches plugin, its a separate plugin developed on request of some users who want to bulk import users in the batch via csv. We tried to make the csv as small as possible for user's convenience. Yes we can add an extra field to the csv to set the username also. But it will take time, we have released wplms 3.0 version yesterday and by this week we plan to released our wplms App also. So right now we are already busy and after releasing the wplms app we can work on this and add a username field to the csv. If you have some other suggestions then do let me know here.
    amacken
    Spectator
    Hi H.K. Thank you for your reply. My comments wasn't meant as a negative, I really like WPLMS as a whole. All I was saying is that batches (and the import user plugin) doesn't work well for my circumstances, I'm sure it's perfect for many other people. Keep up the great work.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, I have noted down your request and we'll add the username field in the csv in the next update.
    amacken
    Spectator
    Perfect, thank you.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Using coupon and enrol in batch’ is closed to new replies.