Various css and layout issues after theme upgrade

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Various css and layout issues after theme upgrade

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sriadmin
    Participant
    hi there, seems that the recent theme upgrade may have created multiple problems with our site build. 1 - lots of hidden css elements such as ratings, number of students on a course, time remaining to do a unit are now showing. See screenshot 1 I checked the css I had added under Customisation to hide these things, and the css appears to be all still there. 2 - the page layout for an individual course is all weird. See both screenshots. I suppose my question is, is it possible to roll back to the previous version of the theme as that was working perfectly well for my client, and now this has really screwed things up for them. cheers Sue  
    Zatakk
    Spectator
    I think yes, we need to revert back....otherwise it is affecting too much.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    If you have taken a backup or you have old wplms theme .You can replace it with . 1. CAn you please point out what do you want to hide and share the url of your site to provide the css again  . 2 .Please make sure that your theme and all its plugins are updated to latest . Re-save permalinks and clear the browser cache after update . Try applying a layout options after above steps through appearancec -> customize -> layouts .
    sriadmin
    Participant
    hi Alex, COURSE LAYOUT thanks, that fixed the course page layout issue. Seems the default layout is broken (in chrome, anyway) but the other C layout options all seem to work so we'll choose one of those. CSS - STUFF TO BE HIDDEN Context: The site is being used on an intranet within the company and all courses are free and have an unlimited time in which they can be done. In addition, some courses are only available to some staff and hence other staff shouldn't be able to even see they exist. (I have also implemented ACLs to control this). Hence, they want all the social media, reviewing, pricing and course list stuff hidden. I've checked the site again today briefly and it looks like some of the css, ie for the stuff below, is no longer hiding things. ie. please provide css to re-hide: - on a course page: ratings (ie stars), number of reviews, the word "FREE", the ACTIVITY and GROUP tabs - on the dropdown box you get to from clicking on your name in top right: hide GROUPS link, and within SETTINGS link, hide EMAIL and PROFILE VISIBILITY tabs - in the big box on the left from student dashboard, hide the ACTIVITY link - on the page you get to from clicking on user name: hide EDIT and CHANGE PROFILE PHOTO     FYI, in case it helps you, here is some of the css I created to hide this stuff previously. /* hide course ratings */ #buddypress div#item-header div#item-meta, #course-list .item-meta .star-rating{ display:none; } <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">/* hiding ratings */</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">.block.courseitem .block_content .star-rating{</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">display:none;</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">}</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">/* hiding ratings */</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">.block.courseitem.course2 .block_content .star-rating{</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">display:none;</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">}</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">/* hiding ratings */</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">.block.courseitem .block_content .star-rating+strong, .block.courseitem .block_content .star-rating+a, .block.courseitem .instructor_course+strong, .block.courseitem .instructor_course+a {</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">display:none;</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;">}</p> <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;"></p>   /* hide reviews */ .course_reviews{display:none;}       <p style="line-height: 21.8182px;"></p>   /* hiding course price */ div#itemprop .price{ display:none; }   I appreciate there is a long list, and there may actually be more. If you can provide us with the updated css to hide all this stuff again, I can implement that and the client can re-test. thanks, regards Sue      
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please try adding the given css from wp-admin -> appearance -> customize -> custom css : li#groups-personal-li,li#settings-personal-li,li#group ,.modern-star-rating,.item-credits{display:none !important;} You can control on who to show the activity in the latest theme update . Update the theme and set the settings from wp-admin-> lms -> settings . Please goto wp-admin -> settings -> buddypress and disable Profile Photo Uploads Cover Image Uploads Account Deletion refer : http://prntscr.com/a28lcv
    sriadmin
    Participant
    hi Alex, thanks for that info but unfortunately the css you provided didn't work. I managed to work through the stuff to be hidden myself and was able to create the css to hide everything needed apart from the Groups option in the user menu dropdown (under their name in top right). See attached screenshot. Can you please let me know how to hide the "GROUPS" option from within this list. Note: We ARE using groups to manage course admin, however we don't want students and instructors to be able to see the full list of groups, leave them or request to join them. thanks, regards Sue
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    sriadmin
    Participant
    hi Alex, unfortunately that seemed to hide ALL options in this menu apart from dashboard. I ONLY want to hide the GROUPS option. Is there a way to do just that, but leave things like STATS, INBOX and NOTIFICATIONS in place? cheers Sue
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    No, it would hide only the selected items. For simplification I am pasting the code here, remaining instructions remain the same as in the tip : add_filter('wplms_logged_in_top_menu',array($this,'loggedin_login_panel')); function loggedin_login_panel($loggedin_menu){ unset($loggedin_menu['groups']);  return $loggedin_menu; }   p.s : Make sure you have FTP credentials as well, sometimes while copying and pasting code an extra character gets copied which can turn the site to a blank page.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Maybe we should add a switch for this for easy configuration. Added to issue log : https://trello.com/c/tw2B5Td9
    sriadmin
    Participant
    thanks Mr Vibe, worked a treat. cheers Sue
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Various css and layout issues after theme upgrade’ is closed to new replies.