Version 2.0 Old Theme Compatability

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Version 2.0 Old Theme Compatability

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    I was shocked this week that the latest updates of the WPLMS 2.0 was such a radical upgrade as against update. We are about to go live with our site and I asked my team to update the plugin set not realising the extent of changes. It ruined our site. Its a big theme revision apart form many things so we had to rollback everything and I will make sure in future the change log is read. Please can you guys as part of plugin updates include with the plugin a changelog in .txt format and add a link to the log in the plugin dashboard as do woocommerce with their plugin updates. The problem I have is I want the many bug fixes but I do not want the following :-
    • New BBPRESS THEME
    • REVOLUTION SLIDER ADDED
    • 5 Directory Layouts  added : Switch in Theme Customiser
    • 5 Courses layouts added : Switch in Theme Customiser
    • 4 Profile Layouts added : Switch in Theme Customiser
    • 4 Group Layouts added : Switch in Theme Customiser
    • 8 Header Layouts
    • 3 Footer Layouts
    Can any of the above be turned off allowing us to upgrade and then review and adapt the new theme and layout changes on our staging server. This must be a topic of interest to many !!
    blukolladesigns
    Participant
    yeah the plugin and theme update busted mine as well before going live... I am trying to start from scratch and thats not even working because the modern theme shows nothing but a white screen now  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Hi, did you upgrade the heme and the plugins , to 2.0 update ? The notification says you need to update the wplms main theme to 2.0 update. most of the cases we're seeing is because people did not update the theme but the plugins, we've put a notification that you need to update the theme as well. once updated make sure you save permalinks and clear your browser cache. let me know if it still does not resolve issues.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    There is a switch to enable these. Simple do not use the switch and you're done.  
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    A little heads up from these guys via email on the scope of future plugin releases might be helpful so we can plan round these releases
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    These support guys must either be deaf, overworked or worse. PLEASE READ the ticket I am a customer needing support. Vibe I want the new features and bug fixes but I do not need for the moment the theme update in terms of its impact on the site look and feel. I want the retain the old appearance until read to transition. This update is a major unexpected shock to our go live plan and a good answer to this request would be very very helpful.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We have released recent updates that was for just the bug fixes . Can you please try updating the wplms theme and all its plugin to the latest . Also update the modern child theme and let us know if you are still facing issues . Latest modern child theme is available in the wplms package . Note that the customizer styles will not work with the modern child theme . We are working to add the support of the customizer options like layouts and header styles etc in the upcoming updates od modern child theme .
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Version 2.0 Old Theme Compatability’ is closed to new replies.