Vibe posts widget title

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Vibe posts widget title

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    isigma
    Spectator
    I'm using the Vibe Posts widget in the top footer area. It doesn't save the title and always shows the default one. Is it possible that there is a mistype in the code and the custom title is being saved in a wrong field?
    sandy
    Seems to be working fine on our setup. Can you please recheck. Refer this : http://prntscr.com/a4fotl If it still does not help please share more information like screenshots. Site url, password if you want us to check on your setup.  
    isigma
    Spectator
    Okay, I see that it saves the title indeed, but it always displays a static default title in the widget settings, as you left it static in the custom_widgets.php #538 <p><?php _e(' Title','vibe'); ?> <input type="text" class="text" name="<?php echo $this->get_field_name('title'); ?>" value="Recent Posts" /></p>
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes it sets a default title value in the widget you can remove the title and save the changes if you do not want any title in that widget .
    isigma
    Spectator
    But usually in widgets after saving we display the saved value, not a default phrase...I understand, that the value appears at the front end, but it is not comfortable to set up widgets, rechecking the front end.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    You point is valid . Marking it as issue and will be fixed in the next update of wplms . Thanks for reporting the issue .
    isigma
    Spectator
    Fixed in 2.0.6.1 BTW I came accross a mistype in the nearby code in custom_widgets.php #527 it sets the default taxonomy to 'categpry' instead of 'category'. Doesn't influence anything, but still worth fixing.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for confirming that the issue is resolved. And thanks for pointing out the typing mistake (We have fixed it right now and will be available in next update also). However this typo mistake has 0% effect on the site, it just sets the default value and nothing else. So marking the topic as resolved and closing the topic.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Vibe posts widget title’ is closed to new replies.