WPLMS 1.9.9 won't update

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues WPLMS 1.9.9 won't update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Why does my theme page (Appearance > Themes) show "Update Available" for WPLMS if I have automatic update enabled in WPLMS settings?  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    iguanaacademy  : I clicked on the theme image hover tooltip "Theme Details" then on the next page, in the right column where it says "There is a new version of WPLMS available. View version 1.9.9 details or update now", I clicked on "Update now". I then received this error message on the next page (full numbers removed for privacy): "Downloading update from https://s3.amazonaws.com/marketplace-downloads.envato.com/files/154......./wplms.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJxxx......&Expires=14455.....&Signature=klDdzYc......&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B+filename%3Dthemeforest-678....-wplms-learning-management-system-wordpress-theme.zip… Download failed. Forbidden" What do I need to do to have WPLMS automatically update? ...or just update, even if I have to follow steps to do so manually? p.s. Why couldn't I mark this post "private"? Thanks.  

MrVibe
    Keymaster
    @iguanaacademy : The update is controlled from Envato API. You did the right thing by clicking "update now", however update failed error indicates that the update truncated before it could complete. This could happen due to many reasons which include load on Envato servers and internet connection issues. My recommendation would be to re-try the download. Just to clarify , automatic updates does not mean the updates are automatically applies, it means once you click on a button the updates happen automatically (no manual download & upload to update).  p.s: Only replies are private. Topics are not.    
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Good morning. Thanks for the prompt response to my WPLMS updating issue. I've taken your advice, an tried again to update the WPLMS theme, but again ran into an error message (below). What is the cause? Something I need to contact my server host about? Error message on Update Theme page: =========================== Downloading update from https://s3.amazonaws.com/marketplace-downloads.envato.com/files/154849707/wplms.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJYG5ROGJ6X7Z3M6Q&Expires=1445607276&Signature=TVOEi1etEFfdfCXgen2W%2F7aIQ7M%3D&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B+filename%3Dthemeforest-6780226-wplms-learning-management-system-wordpress-theme.zip… Unpacking the update… Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6215252 bytes) in /home/iguanaacademy/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-pclzip.php on line 4219 ==========================
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    It seems you server memory limit is exhausted while updating  . Please contact your webhost to increase the php memeory limit , upload max file size , post max size . OR Try manual updating the theme . refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/manually-updating-wplms/
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    My webhost has increased the memory limits and also whitelisted a modsec error file, and that finally enabled me to update the WPLMS theme and plugins in the /wp-admin backend. :)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS 1.9.9 won't update’ is closed to new replies.