WPLMS Activation Email Not Sending

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting WPLMS Activation Email Not Sending

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jmu289
    Participant
    Hi, I noticed recently I had a lot of users "pending" after they signup for my course. The majority of pending users occurred within the last month. It looks like there's an issue with WPLMS emails sending and the registration activation link. I had a user contact me today saying that he's been trying to signup but the account activation link was never sent to him. He tried hitting the "forgot password" link and it worked but he could not login because he had not activated his account yet as he never received the email with the activation link. When I checked in the back end, I saw that his account was pending so I manually activated it. I then noticed a ton of other users that never activated their account and when I tested it the activation link was never sending. <span style="line-height: 1.5;">I activated all the pending users but I fear that I have already lost all of those users as they likely gave up after failing to login.</span> I then tried creating a test account and I was not able to receive the activation link or the lost password link. <span style="line-height: 1.5;">The users in question is lucapace if you want to look specifically at the user that had the error. He checked his spam and all other folders and never received an activation link but he was able to receive a lost password email from my site. I manually activated his account so you should see him as an active user now</span> I then had my IT team take a look and they tried the following:
    • Deactivating each plugin 1 by 1
    • Using WP Mail SMTP
    • Using WP Better Emails
    • Using Configure SMTP
    I updated my plugins and theme with today's update but still no luck     Could you please take a look at my site and see what's wrong? I will post my login credentials in the next reply   Thanks!
    jmu289
    Participant
    Login Credentials http://associatepi.com/wp-admin/ username: associatepi password: Adkne20%   Thanks!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The activation email is sent by the buddypress plugin. The exact reason why your emails are not sending can be explained by your webhost only. If you have your cpanel credentials then you can go there and go to WHM and see which email is not sent and why it is failed. The request is in the pending, this means the buddypress tried to send the email but for some reasons it is not sent and this you can see in the WHM. On our test setups we use WP SMTP , refer: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-mail-smtp-gmail-smtp/
    jmu289
    Participant
    I will check with my web host, thank you
    jmu289
    Participant
    Okay now back to you guys. I talked with SiteGround (my host) and they had me create a new email for buddypress. So I created the email [email protected] and then SiteGround ran some tests and  still could not get the activation link to sen. They did find that a certain request matched one of the security rules, which was not allowing emails to send, so they deactivated the rule but it still isn't working. SiteGround said they "Checked the server logs and I was not able to find any records for message which send from buddypress. It look like the plugin is not sending any messages. My suggestion is contact the theme support team ask them if some specific configuration is required or if there is some issues with their service." So it's back to you guys. SiteGround did what they could do, could you please help me to figure out if we can get activation links to send with this new email <span style="line-height: 1.5;">[email protected]</span>   Thanks!
    kepson
    Spectator
      Hello, i have exactly the same issue, and i get the same answer from Vibetheme Support and from my webhost, Arvixe. Please guys, help us to solve this issue.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi @kepson , can you please try this plugin for emails : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-mail-smtp-gmail-smtp/ If above does not helps then please create your own topic and then share your admin credentials and site url there in a private reply . hi @jmu289, It is working fine at our test setup with the wp mail smtp plugin . Can you please check this with the wp mail smtp plugin  with all other third party plugins deactivated .
    jmu289
    Participant
    It works now, thanks!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS Activation Email Not Sending’ is closed to new replies.