WPLMS Mailchimp plugin not syncing groups properly

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Mailchimp WPLMS Mailchimp plugin not syncing groups properly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Hi! I installed your Mailchimp plugin today, as I amazed by its cool features I really needed to try this. However, it is not really working as it should. I have two problems: (1) It does not correctly sync the courses to groups. It does create the groups in mailchimp but it refrains from allocating students. When I click "sync" in the plugin settings it looks like it is stuck (progress bar stays at same place for hours).   (2) I cannot get the text next to the subscriber box translated... I use loco and created a translation file, it also finds the text but it does not put through the changes.   Hope you can help, so we can fully use this awesome plugin!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    1) We'll need to check your website to see what error you are facing there, so please share the site url and the admin credentials in a private reply with us to check the issue at your end. 2) Please share the screenshots of the issue you are facing with the translation.
    dantwah
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    We did some tests with the TestList mailchimp list and again and again the mailchimp is throwing 405 error. We'll need some more time to debug this issue, so please give us some time to debug the issue.
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Thanks for looking at it! Take the time you need, would be great if we could get this to work. Could it be there is something misconfigured in mailchimp? That some setting is blocking synchronization?
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Any updates on the progress?
    Privateer
    Participant
    Any updates on this? I'm planning to use it by this week or next week.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    We checked this but still we could find any reason for the issue on your website. This is a site specific issue as this is not replicable on any of our test setups or on live demo sites.
    dantwah
    Spectator
    I think that we have found the problem on why it's not syncing: Mailchimp has a maximum of 60 groups per list. We currently have +- 100 courses, so it can not complete the whole cycle probably and doesn't put data in it. Is it possible to in the next update to exclude certain courses yourself? This would be a quick solution, as we won't need it for all of them (mainly our most popular courses). For a good fix it might be wise to look into putting it into a (text) field, and then add them to a certain segment; or connecting it with Mailchimp Ecommerce.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok Thanks for suggestion, we will add this in our next update. Track: https://trello.com/c/gsweyvJk
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘WPLMS Mailchimp plugin not syncing groups properly’ is closed to new replies.