WPMLS – PRIVATE VIDEO STREAMING SECURITY (WE ALL NEED THIS)

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Feature Request WPMLS – PRIVATE VIDEO STREAMING SECURITY (WE ALL NEED THIS)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    ulyssesw
    Spectator
    Hi tongercore, aliwoodrhc, Thanks for your messages. There are vendors that provider the above options for video hosting. Just like what aliwoodrhc noted, yes it comes with a premium charge. Because these options are considered premium features. Usually vendors bundle it as a package and has a storage limit and bandwidth limit. Both storage and bandwidth can be increase with paying more. The question is really on the features you really require. I know some LMS works fine with just using youtube private video options and just embed them onto their site. I also know some LMS built this video hosting capability entirely in-house on their server and subscribes it to several CDNs around the world for faster playback for their global audience. Main considerations for any LMS owners are: - Is IP an important consideration for your videos? If yes, then video security is priority. - Where are your students / viewers based at? If you predominantly has a wide geographical viewers base, then consider the need for CDNs. - Are all your videos in the same format? If not, then consider the need for video encoding to ensure all videos appears consistently on your site. - Do you have different instructors? If so, then you probably need sub-user accounts for them to upload videos. - Do you need to know how many times a video has been viewed? (analytics). Some host are provide superior analytics features. If a LMS site deploys video tutorials for its mainstream learning, then it is no doubt that video host features and quality is the utmost importance. The most critical question to ask yourself is, does your products render enough revenue ROI for you to invest in such premium features. Its always a cost vs. benefits balance. Just my 2-cents worth of opinion. Regards.
    Danny
    Spectator
    Hi all, Maybe a stupid question, but even with a secure video hosting solution like Amazon S3, Vimeo, Wistia etc, what prevents people from not running a screen capture software on the videos? Even the big LMS sites like Lynda.com and Udemy.com can´t prevent people from publishing there videos on Youtube.
    aliwoodrhc
    Participant
    Danny - not a stupid question, Think of your intellectual property as a house. Just because your house has windows and additional doors doesn't mean you don't want them locked. Right now consider your site as a house with a front door wide open. We are looking to have the doors and windows locked. Yes, someone can kick the door in, but a basic lock prevents majority of theft issues. A more secure house will have premium security features that even protects the house more and more. (cameras, alarm with 5 second response, etc) Of course users can screen capture anything or pull out a phone and record the course. 1. They won't be capturing the high quality format. (NOT HD) 2. They won't be able to take the test and receive the official certificate of completion which is ideal for portfolios etc. 3. Youtube has a feature that allows us to upload our content. When new content is uploaded by other users, it will make sure it does not sync exactly with our footage. If it does, it will block their uploads. There are different security measures that can be used to protect our content.  
    Danny
    Spectator
    What a great answer aliwoodrhc, thank´a lot. :-)
    foxycleop
    Spectator
      if you are that worried about your content getting stolen don't put it online....the solution really is to market to the right people and value added services that go along with your courses such as live calls with the instructor where people can ask questions etc, access to course forum, certification etc.
    Privateer
    Participant
    Hey guys, Browsing here to find video hosting for course, I found this thread with some suggested solution, including vdochiper. The features are great but the price is prohibitive for online course where multiple students play the video multiple times. I found Vibe's S3 plugin that I think adequate for small LMS site. Do you guys still looking for a solution or already settled with S3 plugin? Any feedback appreciated.  
    Privateer
    Participant
    Hey guys, Any thought on JWplayer? https://www.jwplayer.com/products/jwplayer/ They offer FREE package with No Watermark! 25GB Streaming/month and 5GB Storage. My question is: how Instructors upload their course video? Thanks  
    Abuyaman
    Spectator
    Hey,
    We're already building a solution for Vimeo and Wistia , it will be launched in coming few weeks
    Is there any update in Vimeo support throughout WPLMS-S3? Cheers
    Abuyaman
    Spectator
    Hey, Any update?
    aliwoodrhc
    Participant
    I am still waiting. I know Vibe's team has a lot of work. But this protection is crucial for this type of business. The S3 works well. Problem is it will be expensive if your courses are getting a lot of views. I need to be setup with same exact setup with Vimeo hosted videos.    
    Privateer
    Participant
    Yes, Vimeo is the most interested option as we pay a flat rate, especially video course with lots of views.  
    fuadmurad
    Spectator
    Is there no way to protect videos when they're self hosted on my own server?  I honestly don't want to keep paying monthly to host my video somewhere else when I'm alreayd for my hosting.  Is this possible?  Is there a player plugin or something that will protect videos that are being stream from my own hosting? Thanks guys!
    chagoquezada
    Spectator
    Hi guys, any news on this solution for wistia? thanks!
    EmanuelGT
    Participant
    I'm also on this wagon for Vimeo integration.  Any updates Mr.Vibe?? Thanks in advance!  
    aliwoodrhc
    Participant
    Mr. Vibe, I hope all is well with you and your team! What can we do in order to get this on a priority list? Please let me know?   Thank you,
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘WPMLS – PRIVATE VIDEO STREAMING SECURITY (WE ALL NEED THIS)’ is closed to new replies.