Wrong stats when marking course as complete

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Wrong stats when marking course as complete

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MissMad
    Participant
    Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with the stats: when I mark a course as complete (because students haven't finished it on time), the stats are given accordingly to the number of quizzes taken. For example: if there are 5 quizzes of 20 points each, if a student takes only 4 quizzes, her stats will show a score out of 80, not out of 100. This makes all the course stats wrong. Moreover, if I mark the course as finished, the students' stats are 0 even if they took quizzes. Also: is it possible to "force" courses to be marked as finished when the time is up? Thanks for helping.
    logan
    Hey, you can calculate the stats from here: Refer: http://prntscr.com/m2zb8i **please share course url in which you are having trouble with admin credentials. also share a video or some screenshot so that i can replicate the issue and provide a better solutions.
    MissMad
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    logan
    Ok, thank you for clarifying this with screenshots. Since the quiz was not submitted it is not taken into account. The basic assumption is that a user can not complete the course without finishing the quiz. You can manually mark the quiz as submitted from here : http://prntscr.com/m4wk5r and the issue will be resolved.
    MissMad
    Participant
    Thank you for your answer. Just for further development, I think it might be interesting to create an option to mark courses as finished once the time is up and take into account all quizzes, like they do on Coursera. I guess many people experience the same problem and would appreciate such an option.
    logan
    Well actually there might be an issue with that . Code runs when user performs and action of some page loads from server . In case of expiry of course it is based on time .Once the time passes course get expired for the user and in that case none of the pages are loaded coz its based in time . What we can do is when user is logged in and loads the course home page we can check if the current course is expired for the user then we can mark the course as finished for her .
    MissMad
    Participant
    That could be an idea. Or maybe also when the instructor loads the page even after the course is finished if it’s possible. Thabks for your explanation.
    logan
    maybe also when the instructor loads the page even after the course is finished if it’s possible. "No it is not possible".
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong stats when marking course as complete’ is closed to new replies.