Forum Replies Created
Thank you so much Diana!
You can hit resolve :p
Cheers from sunny south of France 🙂
How can exclude the course page? Each page has its own different url with nothing in common. Can I exclude the template? how?
Same for the “my courses” pages; which url starts with username. Should I apply a wildcard like this: /course/ ?
Let me know, thanks!
Thanks for this info. Is the cookie you are referring to the one set for every logged in user? As if I exclude cache for user with this cookie, then I loose all the purpose of user caching.
Do you think Alex could take a look into this? As it was recommended in your post here, so it seems WPLMS should be compatible with WP-Rocket user caching.
A good user caching is a MUST HAVE for e-learning websites, as we want our users to get a smooth experience, not just guests! WPLMS is light-fast with it!!
Thank you!2 years, 12 months ago soulshakepowerSpectator
Haha, did you read my message?
2 years struggling with this and going nuts!!! yaaaaaay!!!!
I can now access all the admin pages I couldn’t anymore, and it loads as it should!!
What do you think? To me this (or another way of improving that query) should really be added to future updates. Like i said this was reported by another user and even added in your trello’s issues here but archived without fix for some reason.
I was desperate, thank you! Let me know what you think.
- Cool, glad to know this is included in 3.9.9.
2-3. Thanks Alex, how can I can replicate this on live website? 504 errors are way more frequent there so it will be a more accurate test.
There is another user reporting that query issue here, which is where I reported mine before creating my own topic here.
Thanks for quick reply,
- Thanks will do this. But you mentioned the issue was related to requests to your servers, is this google font line related? Otherwise please let me know how I can remove those request too. thanks.
- You have staging site creds at the beginning of this topic, first private post here.
Please review my first post with details on debug I did, long story short:
– only WPLMS and its plugins enabled = slow admin and 504 errors.
– 2020 theme and all my heavy setup enabled (multilingual and a lot of Automattic/Wootheme plugins) = setup light fast..
- I understand bigger db impacts such queries, BUT :
- I manage bigger WP setups, some with 10 languages, +500 orders/week and +500k users, and yet no slow query reported in query monitor. It might see a few on first admin load, but then nada. But your slow query is there and slow all the time!
- If I disable vibe course plugin my setup is Light Fast and no 504 errors! This is why I believe this slow query is making my WPLMS experience a nightmare. Not only for me, but for our collaborators and worst for our students and customers!
Is this query only checking how many users are registered in each course? If yes I am wondering why do we needs to check that on every front/back-end page load?
I would really appreciate trying that caching function on my setup if this is something you can provide!! At least to see if it gives my power back :p
Thank you and sorry for long post. Cheers!
Yes I believe this is clearly a security issue, I was asking for your email for a while to avoid this. Quite strange though as the credentials were only accessible once. Anyway all things cool now, luckily I have strong backups.
Can you please let @emism and I know:
1. Where to add your quick fix? (commenting out http calls to vibethemes server?). Is there a way to do it so it remains active even after vibe plugins (manual) update?
It didn’t fixed all my 504 errors but at least I could use my admin a bit better.
2. My 504 issue is not resolved: Even after your fix, I still had 504 timeouts (admin dashboard, when saving a post, randomly on front-end). Can you keep looking? (Will send new credentials by email).
3. Are you planning to fix/improve the get_user_course_count query? This is clearly a flaw in wplms. Making EVERY page load/request (front and back-end) slower, this should be a priority.
Thank youThis reply has been marked as private.
My live website is broken, and I get 504 errors on my front-end shop page… This is not fixed. Not happy
Are you still testing?
- All my CSS are not applied anymore (from Custom CSS JS plugin).
– Most of my product thumbnails are missing on front-end??
– Cloudflare warnings here and there telling me live website not available.
Live website is not functional. Can you check asap please?!
- Can you clarify “I deactivated the update code in your plugins on your live site” please?
Just to be sure: did you tweak the vibe plugins or other ones?
Also will this “fix” still work after I update those? Where is the snippet you put then?
- I just tried to update a product and got a 504 error :/
- Is there some planned updates to fix/improve the get_user_course_count query? Still showing as the only one slow query. Even though Error 504 are gone, the website is still really slow with WPLMS enabled..
Thank you.This reply has been marked as private.
When publishing (creating/updating) posts, pages, units, etc. the page reloads and shows the post as updated/published. BUT if I reload the page or go elsewhere, the post in fact IS NOT published or updated!! I have to try many times before it gets saved for real :/
I have never experienced this in 15 years working on wordpress.
I thought it was worth mentioning if it could help debugging. Thanks.
[had to reload support website 20 times to get in, even here you have timeout issues (502 though)]
The 2nd snippet didn’t change anything neither.
To me this problem is clearly related to that slow query, nothing to do with google fonts or http requests to vibe servers that seem to have minor impact:
I say this because I can see a clear relationship between number of users enrolling for courses, and performance. I really believe our platform has reached a threshold, as the more students subscribed, the more the website had performance issues.
Maybe I’m wrong, but nevertheless this is what I experienced.
I can’t access my admin anymore on live website.
Customers are getting 504 errors on front-end, my store visits/sales are plunging down.
I have SEO ranking issues and Adwords rejecting campaigns because 504 errors.
THIS IS A NIGHTMARE, PLEASE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY,
I’ve been using WPLMS since v1, I consider myself a “loyal WPLMS customer” :p, please stop giving me random snippets and please check my website, I gave you credentials to staging site in 1st post.
Debugging details in 1st post.
I don’t want to give live website access here, do you have an email please?
Thank youThis reply has been marked as private.