Slow admin – Slow query get user count

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Slow admin – Slow query get user count

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, I just extended my support for this issue. I believe I am having the same issue as this post here, making my entire admin unusable: What happens:
    • Crazy slow admin load times and 504 gateway timeouts errors all over the place:
    • Almost every time I open /wp-admin/index.php page, I get "504 Gateway timeout" error page.
    • I have to try 15 times (504 error) before being able to load /plugins.php page (if I'm lucky).
    • every time I update a plugin, I get 504 error notice banner (even though the plugin is updated most of time after reload).
    • the /update-core.php admin page has been impossible to load for a year now.
    • now even when we save a unit, we get timeout error.
    Debug I did so far: I've installed query monitor, and the only "slow query" reported is "BP_Course_Template->get_user_course_count" All my problems are gone and my admin light-fast as soon as I switch to twentytwenty theme (or that vibe course module is disabled i believe) even though I have all my (many) plugins active. My setup can be considered as quite heavy: WPML and many plugins (that I choose carefully, mostly official Woothemes/automattic plugins). but I can disable all my plugins and admin still slow, but as soon as I disable WPLMS my admin is back to normal! A strange fact is that I duplicated my website to create a staging one, and deleted all users and orders, but still getting 504 errors and the slow "get_user_course_count" query reported. We have a great hosting (Siteground GoGeek plan) also based on google cloud, with caching and even memcached enabled, and like I said admin is light fast as soon as WPLMS is disabled. Final thoughts As per what was discussed here and that query looking through all data in postmeta table, maybe our website has reached a threshold (6500+ WC orders and 3500+ users - even though that's just a humble small site!) where this query is just going crazy slow now? What makes me think of that "threshold" is that I've seen that problem (slow admin - frequent timeout errors) getting worse and worse as time (and orders, new users) went by. But maybe I am totally wrong. The experience on our platform is a nightmare now, so I really hope you can help me fix this! Thank you!
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    [reply from @veronica - moderator] original post hello dear, first of all, I request you to please create your own topic because to check your issue if we want your's admin credentials or page URL of your site then an Email sends to the person who creates this topic with your credentials either you send them as a private reply which is not good. so for security purposes always create your own topic. All the 5xx errors are server related errors and are very unlikely related to wplms theme. You can activate the plugins recommended by wplms and then check. Please make sure you deactivate the envato market plugin because its causing some issues with wplms theme recently. this plugin causes some more issues with wplms and it doesn't have any impact with the functionality of wplms. This plugin is used only for getting automatic updates from the themeforest. For this you can also add the buyer username and the API key in the wplms->getting started. This will allow you to get the automatic updates from the themeforest. So you do not need this plugin, so please delete it.
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Veronica, Thank you for quick reply! Yes 5XX errors are server related but 504 errors are caused when a request took too long to be executed, exceeding the server's globally defined timeout value.. As a webmaster I manage about 30 hosting accounts on Siteground for my clients, some of them being heavy installations, and never had that timeout issue before. As per your reply I am not sure you really red my post, so please at least consider these 3 facts and let me know:
    • I can disable all my plugins and still getting timeouts, but as soon as I disable WPLMS my admin is back to normal!
    • All my problems are gone and my admin LIGHT FAST as soon as I switch to twentytwenty theme, keeping all my plugins active!
    • The ONLY "slow query" reported by query monitor is the get_user_course_count from your vibe course module plugin.
    How come this not be related to WPLMS? or be caused by some envato plugin (which I don't use btw)? Note: I have updated my credentials - I understand how private reply work on your forum, but there should really be a note next to the "set as private reply" checkbox saying that if the topic was created by someone else he will see the private reply. This is not cool. Security should be a top concern here. Thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    YEs this has been an issue from some days .Many users are reporting this . We have just checked this and found out the http call to our server vibethemes.com is not returning in time causing this issue . I have a quick fix but this will disable all vibethemes plugin updates . please try adding this given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :     add_action('init',function(){   remove_action( 'init', 'vibe_shortcodes_update' );   remove_action( 'init', 'vibe_course_module_update' );     remove_action( 'init', 'vibe_custom_types_update' );   remove_action( 'init', 'wplms_assignments_update' );   remove_action( 'init', 'wplms_dashboard_update' );   remove_action( 'init', 'wplms_front_end_update' ); },11);     We are working on to fix it .      
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Thanks for the reply, I wasn't notified by email not sure why.. I've tried your snippet on both live website and staging site, it didn't change anything. Even with your snippet, the only slow query reported is the "get user count" one. I still have 504 errors all over the place, and now many customers are complaining not being able to access our store (504 errors) + Google adwords is refusing our campaigns because of 504 errors on urls. This was a nightmare in the admin and is now a nightmare on front-end. Like I said, as soon as I disable WPLMS everything is light fast. Can you have a deeper look please?! Note: your snippet was added in the "Harp-School WPLMS Customizations" plugin. Thank you, Martin
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    emism
    Spectator
    Hello, Recently opened a thread with same issue, hosting also on siteground, no envato plugin, snipped tried, all other Wordpress sites fast and light, etc.... Has this been solved? Thanks and sorry for the "intromission"....
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, [had to reload support website 20 times to get in, even here you have timeout issues (502 though)] The 2nd snippet didn't change anything neither. To me this problem is clearly related to that slow query, nothing to do with google fonts or http requests to vibe servers that seem to have minor impact: I say this because I can see a clear relationship between number of users enrolling for courses, and performance. I really believe our platform has reached a threshold, as the more students subscribed, the more the website had performance issues. Maybe I'm wrong, but nevertheless this is what I experienced. I can't access my admin anymore on live website. Customers are getting 504 errors on front-end, my store visits/sales are plunging down. I have SEO ranking issues and Adwords rejecting campaigns because 504 errors. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE, PLEASE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY, I've been using WPLMS since v1, I consider myself a "loyal WPLMS customer" :p, please stop giving me random snippets and please check my website, I gave you credentials to staging site in 1st post. Debugging details in 1st post. I don't want to give live website access here, do you have an email please? Thank you
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Another symptom: When publishing (creating/updating) posts, pages, units, etc. the page reloads and shows the post as updated/published. BUT if I reload the page or go elsewhere, the post in fact IS NOT published or updated!! I have to try many times before it gets saved for real :/ I have never experienced this in 15 years working on wordpress. I thought it was worth mentioning if it could help debugging. Thanks.
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi I deactivated all the update code in your plugins on your live site and the pages never shown 504 error since then . The issue is related to our server for sure . But now you will not receive udpates for these plugins you are using : vibe customtypes vibe course module wplms dashboard vibe shortcodes   You will need to manually update them latest plugins are available in themes/wplms/plugins folder when you update theme to latest 3.9.9 .
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Are you still testing?
    • All my CSS are not applied anymore (from Custom CSS JS plugin). - Most of my product thumbnails are missing on front-end?? - Cloudflare warnings here and there telling me live website not available.
    Live website is not functional. Can you check asap please?!
    1. Can you clarify "I deactivated the update code in your plugins on your live site" please? Just to be sure: did you tweak the vibe plugins or other ones? Also will this "fix" still work after I update those? Where is the snippet you put then?
    2. I just tried to update a product and got a 504 error :/
    3. Is there some planned updates to fix/improve the get_user_course_count query? Still showing as the only one slow query. Even though Error 504 are gone, the website is still really slow with WPLMS enabled..
    Thank you.
    emism
    Spectator
    Hello, Sorry again for the intromission, but I was having exactly the same issue and you also solved my problem, Alex. Thanks Alex to help me in my same issue, but I had also tried the snipped in the wplms-customizer plugin and didn't work. At my forum thread Veronica answered me that the solution you've done is apply that patch, but I think it's not exactly this what you did, because I had already tried this, like soulshakepower. Please share with us the solution (in private replys in our respectives threads, if it's necessary), for me it's important in order to reproduce it in case of updating of the plugin or if I have to do a fresh install in a new server (now I'm working in a test server). Thank you for your help!
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Slow admin – Slow query get user count’ is closed to new replies.