Slow admin – Slow query get user count

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Slow admin – Slow query get user count

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Alex, My live website is broken, and I get 504 errors on my front-end shop page... This is not fixed. Not happy Capture-d-e-cran-2020-05-15-a-18-36-08
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Yes I believe this is clearly a security issue, I was asking for your email for a while to avoid this. Quite strange though as the credentials were only accessible once. Anyway all things cool now, luckily I have strong backups. Can you please let @emism and I know: 1. Where to add your quick fix? (commenting out http calls to vibethemes server?). Is there a way to do it so it remains active even after vibe plugins (manual) update? It didn't fixed all my 504 errors but at least I could use my admin a bit better. 2. My 504 issue is not resolved: Even after your fix, I still had 504 timeouts (admin dashboard, when saving a post, randomly on front-end). Can you keep looking? (Will send new credentials by email). 3. Are you planning to fix/improve the get_user_course_count query? This is clearly a flaw in wplms. Making EVERY page load/request (front and back-end) slower, this should be a priority. Thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
      1 .Well the main issue with the vibethemes server is in theme. You just have to goto wp-content/themes/wplms/includes/ edit register.php file in it and comment out this line : http://prntscr.com/sj00ow 2 . I cannot take risks , please share credentials of staging site if possible .Send creds at [email protected] . 3 . Well this " get_user_course_count  " query is already optimized and cannot be optimized further otherwise it will give wrong values . Also its a count query which does not put load on the server . The issue maybe connected to your growing database  . millions of entries in database makes the queries to be slow as hell.The only option we can do is to create a function and cache the results of it but that means we have to add mecahnism to flush out the cache and recalculate this query which will take time and might lead to bugs.
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Thanks for quick reply,
    1. Thanks will do this. But you mentioned the issue was related to requests to your servers, is this google font line related? Otherwise please let me know how I can remove those request too. thanks.
    2. You have staging site creds at the beginning of this topic, first private post here. Please review my first post with details on debug I did, long story short: - only WPLMS and its plugins enabled = slow admin and 504 errors. - 2020 theme and all my heavy setup enabled (multilingual and a lot of Automattic/Wootheme plugins) = setup light fast..
    3. I understand bigger db impacts such queries, BUT :
    • I manage bigger WP setups, some with 10 languages, +500 orders/week and +500k users, and yet no slow query reported in query monitor. It might see a few on first admin load, but then nada. But your slow query is there and slow all the time!
    • If I disable vibe course plugin my setup is Light Fast and no 504 errors! This is why I believe this slow query is making my WPLMS experience a nightmare. Not only for me, but for our collaborators and worst for our students and customers!
    Is this query only checking how many users are registered in each course? If yes I am wondering why do we needs to check that on every front/back-end page load? I would really appreciate trying that caching function on my setup if this is something you can provide!! At least to see if it gives my power back :p Thank you and sorry for long post. Cheers!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex,
    1. Cool, glad to know this is included in 3.9.9.
    2-3. Thanks Alex, how can I can replicate this on live website? 504 errors are way more frequent there so it will be a more accurate test. There is another user reporting that query issue here, which is where I reported mine before creating my own topic here. Thank you!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the change for this is in wp-content/plugins/vibe-course-module/includes/bp-course-template.php file . line 290 : changed the query there : http://prntscr.com/skezow  
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    It worked!!!!!! 2 years struggling with this and going nuts!!! yaaaaaay!!!! I can now access all the admin pages I couldn't anymore, and it loads as it should!! What do you think? To me this (or another way of improving that query) should really be added to future updates. Like i said this was reported by another user and even added in your trello's issues here but archived without fix for some reason. I was desperate, thank you! Let me know what you think. Cheers!
    fdittmar
    Participant
    @soulshakepower & @alex I hope you folks will post the solution publicly somewhere if you don't encounter any issues with it over the near term. Lots of others here with the slow query... thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we will check what could be the consequences of this change and decide whether to make this a change or add a provision (filter) to change this query in future updates .
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Slow admin – Slow query get user count’ is closed to new replies.