Add necessary fields in the user forms for existing students

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Add necessary fields in the user forms for existing students

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nitwayne
    Participant
    Hi, 1) I want to give new fields like College name, Date of birth and others in the Registration form. But how do I make them mandatory for the existing students to fill-in? Is it possible to display a popup saying complete your profile for the existing students or direct them to fill up all the details in the registration form as soon as they log in? Without that, I don't want them to take the courses. 2) Also, on one particular page, I want to display the content based on the College name that they have chosen. For eg, College A students will get Dummy A page, College students will get a Dummy B page. Based on their College name, I want them to redirect accordingly or it has to display accordingly or based on a dropdown, it should redirect to the specific link page. 3) I'm using WP Mail SMTP to direct the emails for activation. But sometimes activation emails don't go and I get an error saying email failed. Any idea? 4) <span style="font-weight: 600; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">Migrate WPLMS email templates to BuddyPress Emails.</span><span style="color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 13px;"> 4 mail templates will be migrated.</span> I'm getting this message after a recent WPLMS update. Any idea about that?
    nitwayne
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . this is not available but can be done with the help of custom code : please try adding this given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :     add_action('template_redirect',function (){   if(!is_user_logged_in() || !empty($_POST))     return;   $user_id = get_current_user_id();   $p_fields = array('Profile field1','Profile field 2' ,'Profile field 3');//names of your requred fields   $flag = 0;   if(!function_exists('bp_get_profile_field_data'))     return;   foreach ($p_fields as $key => $p_field) {     $field = bp_get_profile_field_data(     array(       'field' => $p_field, // This is the field name.       'user_id' => $user_id // This is the user id.     ));     if(empty($field)){       $flag = 1;       break;     }   }      if(!empty($flag)){     wp_redirect(bp_loggedin_user_domain().'profile/edit/?check=complete_profile');   }  }); add_action('bp_before_profile_content',function (){   if(!empty($_GET['check']) && $_GET['check'] == 'complete_profile'){     echo 'COMPLETE PROFILE PLEASE';   } }); 2 . Please use this plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/profile-field-based-content-shortcode/   3 . Well for this you need to check your email server settings you set in wp mail smtp Or maybe there could be a limit for daily emails . 4  . yes please go ahead and migrate the templates . We added new commissions module in which instructor can request for commission payment from admin .these are the email for that  . https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/new-feature-in-wplms-commissions/
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Add necessary fields in the user forms for existing students’ is closed to new replies.