Cannot complete Demo 1 Install

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Cannot complete Demo 1 Install

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    danielh
    Spectator
    I commented under another thread but was unsure if that would receive support. My comments were the following:

I have done all of this - including making sure the hosting environment met the standards outlined and the install with sample data is still not doing anything. I wait about 10 minutes and there is still no movement from the attached image.

I activated the plugin, installed WLMS, installed and activated the appropriate plugins, made changes to hosting environment and clicked install with sample data and this just keeps going

I tried to install without sample data and the same results. Waited 20 min - did not work

I tried 2 browsers. Did not work

Even tried to check js issues and this is what was returned.

If I try to go back into wordpress after logging out it will have loaded some of the theme but none of the setup pages or the navigation between pages won't work. I have tried this 6-7x

Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    For demo 1,2,3 revolution slider must be installed and activated .
    Please try the import after deactivating the Eventon,wplms eventon and Visual composer plugin . If above does not helps then  please share your admin credentials and site url in a reply(private) to check the issue on your site ?
    danielh
    Spectator
    How do you deactivate the visual composer plugin? I tried after deactivating the eventon plugin but you can't deactivate visual composer. I will reply with site login credentials.
    danielh
    Spectator
    Well - I take that back it loaded but this was how it loaded with eventon turned off. See attachment.
    danielh
    Spectator
    Alright - I tried all of the above. And the site still wasn't loading any of the sample pages / data. Below are my credentials to the admin panel. I have loaded a Backup I have on my host site (bluehost) that puts you at the point where ALL hosting requirements are adjusted in the PHP, The WPLMS eventon, event on, and visual plugins were not installed so they aren't active, and the demo 1 plugin is active. You can attempt to hit "install with sample data" but it does not work. http://www.thecollegesystem.com/ Login username: Admin PW: MoreBeer15 Do you need hosting login as well? I have a backup in place I can load immediately to get you back to the exact same point I have loaded up when you login. I really need to get this handled ASAP as I am trying to move everything over in time for the fall so I am providing this login as well. bluehost.com thecollegesystem.com MoreBeer15* If you go into the current environment, the latest back Thursday at 10:40 - that will reset the environment back to where it is when you login for your first time today. So you can attempt to install and if you need to reset - use that backup.   Just really need to get this going  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Sorry I do not have much experience with Bluehost .Can you please restore the changes that you have done so that i can check and try fixing the setup .
    danielh
    Spectator
    I reset it. But, if you need to reset. Login > click wordpress tools at the top> click backup down the left side > The top backup listed.   I just realized the backup time is time zone adjusted so it is the thursday one that ends in :40   I reset it
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I checked your site and i can see that you have already created some posts in . So i cannot reset your installation and install the demo 1 in your site . So did it manually by following this tip : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/installing-demo-1-without-sample-data/ But in the import no images were imported . Is guess that might be due t the folder permissions of the wp-content/uploads folder in your site . Please contact your webhost and check the folder permissions of your wp-conent -> uploads folder .
    danielh
    Spectator
    I went into the file manager and found the permissions. Attached here. For Write. I am going to click both boxes and try it all again.
    danielh
    Spectator
    Alex - I tried the above and it still is not working. When you loaded the one without sample data the menu bar, images etc weren't working.   What else should we check. The latest backup I have loaded does not have the posts I had imported or all the media I had imported. Still not working. What else can be done? Wp-config permission need the same alterations?   We have to get this with the data loaded
    danielh
    Spectator
    Please help - the latest backup I created you can keep loading to get back to an environment that does not have posts, hosting and php config is complete, permissions are changed on wp-content file. Whatever needs to be done  
    danielh
    Spectator
    even with the wp-config permission changes it did not work
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok i debugged the issue at your setup . The issue is with your php memory limit which is just 30 seconds and them installation needs atleast 240 seconds (4 Mins) . So please contact your webhost and ask them to increase your php memory limit . Please also ask them about the image import issue . There may be some kind of security which my be blocking the images upload via ajax calls or the permissions of wp-content/uploads folder and all its subfolder are not correct.(It must be 755 ) .
    danielh
    Spectator
    Alex - Still having the same issue. Attached are the requested changes you wanted as I got them completed.
    danielh
    Spectator
    I have the environment set up with the requested changes and you can try again but it didn't work for me.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot complete Demo 1 Install’ is closed to new replies.