Child theme vs Demo vs WPLMS?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Child theme vs Demo vs WPLMS?

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    kalkalv
    Spectator
    Hi When setting up, Am I supposed to use WPLMS as the main theme? My website looks so weird after importing the data from demo 4. How do i fix this? My website: http://ptesoeasy.com/ Thank you
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The main wplms theme should be present in the themes folder in wp-content folder. The demos are built using default wplms theme only by setting different settings present in the wplms theme. The child theme is different and it overrides the default wplms theme, it is mainly used for customisation purposes. --- PS: This topic is already marked as resolved, so please confirm if the topic is resolved ?
    kalkalv
    Spectator
    Hi H.K Latiyan I think interchanging these themes has corrupted my database. The wplms theme no longer displays properly and some items/sections are missing. Moreover, there are duplicates of pages and posts making it more confusing for me to fix. I tried deleting all the plugins that came with wplms and removed and reinstalled the themes but it didnt fix the problem, in fact it got worse. For some reason the course register page is now my home page. Is there a way where I can just restart from scratch? There were so many documentations on how to get started, it really confused me. I didnt know I had to install the demo data first before the themes and I tried that but it didnt fix the problem. Please help.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    In this case I'll recommend you to use wp reset plugin and first reset your wordpress and then follow the tutorial to install the theme from scratch. Tutorial: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/one-click-setup-wplms-demo1/
    kalkalv
    Spectator
    So the wp reset plugin will only delete the data in database but retain all the settings and plugins & themes?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The plugin and theme will be present in the wordpress but deactivated. And it will reset the database and all your settings and make it like a new wordpress setup to start from scratch.
    kalkalv
    Spectator
    Thank you I will have a try later  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    ok
    siconettech
    Participant
    Greetings. Still on same topic please. Are you saying if you install: 1. Main WPLMS Theme 2. Child Theme 3. Demo or 1. Install only Main Theme, install Child theme and once you activate a child theme, demo content won't be present again?   2. Really really confused! I've done it several times over, reset, redone, etc. I thought the standard is to install theme, activate child theme (to allow you make changes and when you update main theme, you site won't break) and then install Demo Content and fire on! Really don't get the idea of if you activate child theme, no more demo content. 3. I want to use the Point System child theme. What is the procedure? a. Install main wplms theme, b. install Points System Child Them and activate c. Install demo content? Or how please. This is my first comment in the forum. Thank you.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @siconettech: Please create your own topic for your issues.  ------------- You want to install point system child theme. So first download the wplms theme and the point system child theme from the package and then upload it in the wp-content/themes folder in wordpress. Now activate the point system child theme and install the theme with the sample data. The theme will install by its own. ----------- Let me know if you face any issues while installing the theme (in a new topic).
    kalkalv
    Spectator
    I tried the wp-reset and it seems much better now. I've followed the steps in the demo 3 video but when I completed the process, the pages look fine but the slider is missing. Have I done something wrong? Instead of the slider, I have a title called "home". How do I get rid of title home as well? One of the plugins (Vibe Custom types) has also failed to update.  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    @kalkalav : The instructions are very clear, please explain at least share a screenshot of where you're stuck. If you're unable to setup, can you please share your site credentials in a private reply, we will setup the theme on your site.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Make sure you've followed the tutorial correctly, note that you need to install the demo3 plugin before activating the plugins for the theme and definitely before clicking the "import sample data" .
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Child theme vs Demo vs WPLMS?’ is closed to new replies.