Clicking on "Check Results" in Quiz get a black screen

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Clicking on "Check Results" in Quiz get a black screen

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    vikrant003
    Participant
    Ok,, I am already doing "Show results after submission" in Quiz Is there any way to hide the "show results" button till the fix...  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    The fix has to be done from your server side .There is nothing can be done from theme side. Apart from this you will face other issues without the working $_GET on your website .   Please add this custom css in your wplms -> appearance -> customize -> custom css :   .unit_wrap .quiz_results_popup{display:none;}    
    vikrant003
    Participant
    Hi Alex,   Above code didn't work.  I also started the process to replicate the issue on a brand new server with PHP 7.4 and the issue was still there. Would you mind sending the required PHP components for this to work successfully? If I ask you to set the site up for me, would you be able to do this and demonstrate that the bug doesn't exist in the theme? I am trying hard to fix these bugs before I can go live. Please please assist.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vikrant003
    Participant
    vikrant003
    Participant
    Hi Alex,   Did you manage to check this? This is the final blocker in my site going live so I would appreciate a fix pls.   Regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    vikrant003
    Participant
    Hi Alex, Just to make sure this is not a site setup error as I did it myself, would you be able to rebuild the site for me and see if the issue still exist? I am a bit sceptical as the same issue exists on three different servers where I tested. How is it possible? It could be possible that I made some error in building that site? I am confirming to you the credentials and site details in my next post, just to ensure you are doing it on test setup.   Thanks
    vikrant003
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Re-building site wont help as the error is somewhere on the server or maybe in wordpress files . I could not see .htaccess file in your ftps ,there could be a rule in it which resets the $_GET in it. Please try re-installing your wordpress to ensure that the issue is not related to code. I have shared a video already to you showing that the we are able to capture the $_GET var in the same file on my local setup.
    vikrant003
    Participant
    Hi Alex, The reason for not having .htaccess file is that it's the nginx installation of web server, not apache. Having said that I watched the video and realised you were running localhost site on Windows machine.  I replicated on Windows and it worked with XAMPP. I started replacing nginx with Apache on my test Ubuntu server and this issue didn't exist there. Today I replaced it on production ubuntu server and this issue no longer exist. I don't know what was the issue with nginx but glad it's sorted.  You video helped me in moving to Apache otherwise it was difficult to sort out. I thought I will write this as it might help someone..   Thank you..  
    Diana
    Participant
    Asking on @Alex's behalf Can we close this topic?
    vikrant003
    Participant
    Yes, please
    Diana
    Participant
    @vikrant003 Okay Closing
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Clicking on "Check Results" in Quiz get a black screen’ is closed to new replies.