Connect WooCommerce product with a form

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Connect WooCommerce product with a form

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    3milio
    Spectator
    Hi, On this page... https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/custom-registration-forms-in-wplms/ ...you suggest that I can ...
      <li style="box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 5px;">Connect WooCommerce product with a form to make the form a paid registration form.
    ...but you don't show in the video how it's done. What I am after is this: I have a special product (not a course) for which I need to gather some extra information from the student. It would be great if the checkout form for that product has some custom fields. Is that possible?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The WooCommerce connect for registration form is still in consideration, as we did not get requests for this. We've already addressed this with WPLMS wooCommerce variable pricing plugin. Ok, I understand your request but adding fields in the checkout might not be a good option to record custom information about the student. You can use the [sell_content id="product_id"]-- Content {form shortcode}---[/sell_content] shortcode to hide/show content (form) based on whether a user has purchased the product, but you want to record information in user profile fields which means the ideal way would be add this feature in profile fields section. Like this field is locked for "pro" members. Where exactly you want to see this information ? in User profile, or any form recording this information is good.      
    3milio
    Spectator
    Hello and thank you for your reply. I need the additional information in any form, in user info or e-mail or something else. The very best would be to save it to a Mailchimp list if that is possible. I have noticed that I can link a product to a Mailchimp list, but I haven't figured out how to make a form that connects the two. Are you saying that the best way is to make a separate form that only users who purchase the product can fill out? Like I send them a link in an e-mail or something like that?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    "Are you saying that the best way is to make a separate form that only users who purchase the product can fill out"  Yes, this is currently available.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    It would be great if you can share the whole process in steps for better clarity. like :   1. A user opens a product page. 2. The user fills out a form and then purchases the product. ...  
    3milio
    Spectator
    Hello and thank's for your answers. This is the process as I imagine it: 1. User opens the product page. It is a special product that's not a course. 2. User fills out a particular form (only for this product) and makes the purchase. 3. The user data from the form is collected by me, preferably in a Mailchimp list. (I have installed integration plugins for Mailchimp and Woocommerce, and I also have the plugin Contact form 7 if that helps.) It's important that I only get the user data from users who actually make the purchase. You say that it is possible to make sure only users who have purchased the product can fill out a certain form. Could you please point me to some kind of guide for that? Is it so that only paid users can reach a certain page? Kind regards
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, This option is not available in wplms, but it can be done by adding the data in order meta and then save the data when the order is completed. you can try using any third party plugins for this purpose. If you want us to do this then we can take this as a paid customization only.
    fjahan
    Participant
    Hello, I've a related query, There are two ways that can solve my registration problem: 1st Way---------->
    1. Student goes to the product page.

2. Clicks "Take this course".

3. Goes to a registration page for the course.

4. Fills up with required information and upload requested files. also selects the batch (day or evening) he wants to enroll to and clicks submit.

5. Submitted registration redirects to cart. cart shows course fee along with registration fee.

6. student pays the fee, and returns to course page.

2nd Way------------->

1. Student clicks registration button.

2. In registration page student fills up with required information and files. and also selects the course and batch he wants to enroll to and clicks submit.

3. Submitted registration redirects to cart. cart shows course fee for the selected course along with registration fee.

4. student pays the fee, and the selected course in the registration page becomes available to the student.

Kindly let me know is it possible to achieve any of these ways of registration. Additionally, students might need to pay some fees for submitted document verification and some other stuff. what will be the best way to collect these fees? Kindly help asap.

Veronica
    hi,

first of all, I request you to please create your own topic because to check your issue if we want your's admin credentials or page URL of your site then an Email sends to the person who creates this topic with your credentials either you send them as a private reply which is not good.

so for security purposes always create your own topic.

here is the link for how you can create your own topic: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/how-to-create-a-support-topic-in-new-wplms-forums/

Tip: For better support always share a screenshot:

Please provide the proper screenshot, use https://prnt.sc/ to upload and share the URL of the screenshot.

If you want to send us a video of the issue, use https://screencast-o-matic.com/ to upload and share the URL of the video.

and for sharing your admin credentials always send them as a private reply by using this:http://prntscr.com/qicf9i

NOTE: please delete your reply from here and change your admin credentials .make your own topic and then share the proper details and credentials over there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Connect WooCommerce product with a form’ is closed to new replies.