Course availability on specific dates only

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Course availability on specific dates only

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Is there any option to add multiple start dates in courses, so that a course will be available only for those dates.
    Mk
    Sorry sir, currently it's not available. If you want this feature, this will come under customization and it will cost 29$. Please reply if you are interested.
    Ok I will get in touch with you soon, with detailed requirements. Thank you.
    Basic functionality will be like that, suppose there is a course available to buy for specific dates, for example, 25th October, 10th November, 5th December etc. Also seats availability for each date will be different like 25th October course session may have 10 seats available, 10th November course session may have 15 seats and so on. Also I am using WPLMS Batch plugin, so users can buy a course batch too. So is it possible to display available dates while buying course batch? Please see the link for detail - http://makemywebsitewerribee.com.au/jackaustralia/buy-batch Let me know if you need to get know more about this.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this dynamic date selection out of given dates and then creating batch according to it is not available in the buy batch feature as of now. We would need to create a custom plugin or re-write the shortcode for that date field . Also number of seats according to the selected dates is not available as of now . What  is available : Create the batches with already set dates with date in their title and then sell those batches with given seats with the help of wplms woocommerce addon This is the only way as of now .The way you need would require a bit of custom code .
    Yes I know that. This is my detailed requirement for MK who asked me "<span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;">If you want this feature, this will come under customization and it will cost 29$."</span> So all this will be covered under this??
    Mk
    No sir, I told you for customization because at that time you have not discussed about batches. With batches, it's not possible for now.  
    Please go through my requirements and check if it's possible to complete all these and how much it will cost. a.   We need to be able to sell the course with limited number available for any specific dates, for example a course for scissor lift will be scheduled for every Wednesday of a given month, but there is only 5 spaces available. This would be recurring, week in week out. Once the 5 spaces are filled, then the applicants can either book for the following week, or call us. This will be the same for all course. They will have a date they run, a limited quantity of spaces to fill, then the reoccur at some point in the future, b.      Applicants can not just buy courses, they must be booked in for specific dates. c.       So even when the user click on the buy it know button, he must choice which session/training date he will be booking in for. And the same thing I want with WPLMS batch too. A user can purchase batch for available dates for the course.   As these are my primary requirements, that's why I had purchased WPLMS theme. If these tasks couldn't complete then it's of no use.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well actually these things are available with the batches addon. But you would need to create and delete the batches on your own for specific dates for specific courses with limited seats  and start date of the batch ,you can also set the schedule fo that batch also : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYaZPT65RI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R04UTGVEOqo You can show all of these in the batch option and can sell the batches using our another addon : wplms woocommerce applicants will eventually buy the batch not the course .   Applicant will purchase the already created batches for the particular course .  
    It's the different thing. Let me explain, visit the page - http://makemywebsitewerribee.com.au/jackaustralia/buy-batch/  (WPLMS Batch Plugin) What I want, when a user buys a batch, first he select the course, then seats and after that there should be an option to choose course date (The dates for which course is available, like a course can be available at 22oct, 27 oct and so on.) Also a course can have different seats for different dates like for 22th oct - 5 seats, 27th oct - 8 seats and so on. Now if user purchases a batch for 22th oct for a course, then he can enter maximum 5 seats and after purchasing 5 seats, no another user can purchase batch seats for that date. I know this feature is not available in current WPLMS Batch plugin, but can it be customized? As it is my primary requirement, as a course will be repeated and will have multiple dates for which students can enroll. This was for batch system, now while purchasing a course (without batch), same date availability feature with seats, I need. A user will select a course, then date and will enroll into it. I think I have explained all things in detail, please let me know if you need anything else.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    YEs it can be customized , we would need to re-initialise the buy batch shortcode from scratch for this . IT will be quite lengthy to code this feature and currently we are running out of time and resources . Let me take a feedback from Mr. Vibe before we can tell time and cost or even we would be able to do it or not .  
    Ok, please let me know soon. Course date option (repetition) for batch and single purchase(without batch) are needed and important as, without these options, there is no use of WPLMS theme for me.
    Mk
    Ok, we will do it in this way.
    • We will add a date field in buy batch shortcode. name of the batch will be generated with this field.
    • re-init the buy batch shortcode also
    • limit the seats and will set the availability settings for that batch for that date only
    • this way the user will have access to the course based on the specific date, also we would like to know if one batch will have multiple available dates and same seat numbers?
    Please reply, are you ok with it?
    The things you told me are only for batch. Let me clarify in detail. It can be lengthy, please check it. Basically there will be two type of customer that will buy the course - individual user and company (company/business will buy a batch). You can see it here - http://makemywebsitewerribee.com.au/jackaustralia/course/ewp-training-over-11-metre/ Individual users:
    1. Currently, individual user visits the course page, click on the "Buy course as Individual" button and it redirects the user to the related woocommerce product i.e http://makemywebsitewerribee.com.au/jackaustralia/product/ewp-training/?redirect and buy the course.  Then it decreases no. of seats by 1.
    Reuirement:  While purchasing course, individual user should have option somewhere to select date for which they want to enroll/buy course. So there should be an option in course backend to add available dates for a course and also no. of seats for each date. Lets say, a course is available at 28th Oct with 5 seats and 30th Oct with 7 seats. Company/Business: This type of user will buy a batch for the course. 1. Currently, company user visits the course page and clicks on "Buy course in Group as Business/Company" and it redirects to buy batch page (WPLMS Batch plugin page) i.e  http://makemywebsitewerribee.com.au/jackaustralia/buy-batch User fills the group name, selects course and batch seat, then buy the batch. Requirement: There should be "select date" option, when company user selects a course,  then it should automatically populate the available dates in the "select date" field. Here user can not select more seats than available seats. A course will have common available dates and no. of seats for both type of users. For example, a course have 5 seats for 28th Oct and a company user buys a batch of this course with 5 seats for 28th Oct. Then no. of available seats will be 0 and no user can buy this course for 28th Oct.   I have explained all things in detail, if yet there is anything else, let me know.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi this can be done but it will be quite complicated and would take time to build . We would like to confirm if you want this date and seats selection field in front course edit as well? We would need to register a field type for this in course settings . then we will have to re-work the buy batch shortcode for it . then we need to overwrite all the default seats settings of batch and course with the dates and courses set . Would like to know if there will be multiple courses for the company representative to select in batch .In such a case will there be multiple select dates for each course in the buy batch form ?
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘Course availability on specific dates only’ is closed to new replies.